feature request: command line interface for project creation and modification

Nnako

Feb 21, 2018, 1:53:59 AM2/21/18
to wink-discuss
Hi,

I recently ran into the wink application. Great tool!

IDEA FOR NEW FEATURE

I'd like to use wink in an automation environment, where I could imagine creating presentations not via wink's graphical user interface, GUI, but with via a command oriented interface, CLI. So, people could call wink from the command line interface and add textual parameters or a path of a specific parameter file. The parameter file would hold a kind of recipe to build a project / presentation.

THOUGHTS

In wink, I've seen a text import/export function which resembles this "new" feature at least partially. Unfortunately, the text import/export requires the number of elements and the number of frames to be stable. Inserting new frames in existing projects / presentations requires the usage of the wink GUI and restricts the new frame to be of exactly the same size. New elements can currently only be added via the wink GUI and must be placed manually. So, a command line interface would greatly improve the flexibility of presentation creation.

CONTRIBUTION

As I am an "allrounder" concerning programming languages and development systems, I would offer to contribute in the development of this kind of user interface scheme for wink. Or kling to any already existing activity in this regard. I don't know in which language wink has been created, yet, but I would adapt ;-) .

What do you think?

Regards.
Nnako