Suggestion: Simulations

Joaquim Mussassa

Dec 28, 2020, 5:02:05 AM12/28/20
to wink-discuss
Thank you for making such a great software and making a new version that exports to mp4.  This is my favorite software, but is it possible to include simulations, not just videos?

Satish

Dec 28, 2020, 8:59:28 PM12/28/20
to wink-discuss
Can you please explain what you mean by simulations? If you have examples or websites to point me to, that'll help as well.

Joaquim Mussassa

Dec 28, 2020, 11:54:26 PM12/28/20
to wink-discuss
Hello
By simulation I mean interactive content that allows users to click on objects. An example would be asking the user to open excel, and if the user gets it wrong will get a message saying it is wrong, and if it get it right it will get a message saying correct, and it will go to the next step.  A link with a simulation exercise is https://www.urbantutorial.com/simulation/ , and a software that does simulations is Active Presenter ( https://atomisystems.com/activepresenter/ ).

Satish

Dec 29, 2020, 1:27:23 AM12/29/20
to wink-discuss
Thanks, this helps.

There are 2 parts to the simulation example you gave above:
1) Moving forward once user clicks on the correct button/UI control - you can already do this in Wink by using a transparent image for any of the buttons. The trouble is that you need to use different sized transparent images for different portions of the screen you want users to click to, because there isn't a way to resize buttons once you select an image.
2) Showing the 'correct' and 'incorrect, please try again' messages - you can't do this and stay in the same video frame with Wink.

Do you mind adding this as a new feature request in the Github page where I'm tracking all bugs and features? https://github.com/satishsampath/wink-release/issues

Also curious, is the website urbantutorial.com something you are building or is it just an example from someone else?

- Satish

Joaquim Mussassa

Dec 29, 2020, 2:21:20 AM12/29/20
to wink-discuss
Thank you.  The website urbantutorial.com is mine but most of the tutorials were .swf with the old wink, so I am creating new tutorials, I lost the original source code files.