Wink future versions

Satish

Dec 19, 2021, 3:20:38 AM12/19/21
to wink-discuss
Hi all,

There continues to be demand for Wink and building new features, but I'm not finding enough time to work on it. So I've asked a small company I know, CuminCode, to pick it up and continue further development. In addition to the current free version of Wink, they will create a paid version for companies/enterprises and advanced users. I hope this will make Wink more useful and build out great new features over time.

If you have feature requests you'd like to see in the next version, please share your thoughts in this Google Form - Feature requests for Wink 4.0.

Regards
Satish

Peter Bowmar

Dec 19, 2021, 12:58:12 PM12/19/21
to wink-discuss
Great idea, happy to pay for such a useful tool!

Satish

Dec 19, 2021, 1:00:35 PM12/19/21
to wink-discuss
Thanks, Peter. If you have features you'd like to see in the paid version, please add them to the Google form below.
- Satish

Poz (CuminCode)

Dec 22, 2021, 12:46:16 AM12/22/21
to wink-discuss
Hi everyone,

I'm from the CuminCode team who plan to develop future versions of Wink, as introduced earlier. We've looked at the recent surveys and feature requests received by Satish and got a short list ready to develop. This includes
- video captions
- video overlay of the tutorial author in a corner, as they walk through the steps
- pan/zoom dynamically
- Google drive/One drive/Dropbox/Youtube integrations
- Crash fixes/stability improvements for large projects
and many more.

We'll be developing the next version, Wink 4.0, over the coming months. If you'd like to help beta test, please join https://groups.google.com/g/wink-4-0-beta
Beta testers will also get a discounted price for the paid version (there will continue be a free version as well with the current set of features & improvements to them).

- Poz

Poz (CuminCode)

Dec 24, 2021, 1:50:32 AM12/24/21
to wink-discuss
Apologies, the Wink 4.0 beta group had an issue and as a result lots of folks couldn't join in.

We've fixed it now, so if you had tried to join in the past please try again at  https://groups.google.com/g/wink-4-0-beta .

We have started discussion threads on a few tentative features such as video editor, webcam overlay and web integrations. It would be great to get input from those who would find these features useful in their workflows.

- Poz