What does 'could not find ffmpeg or avconv' mean?

dev...@crackingproductions.com

Aug 5, 2013, 7:01:00 AM8/5/13
to wi...@googlegroups.com
Suggests missing codecs to me but aren't these part of the download?

I just freshly downloaded v1.5.1 64 bit as I'm struggling to convert some WMV files using Sorenson and someone suggested this program - but not getting anywhere with it with ANY type of source file (let alone WMV)!

Cheers.  DE

BiggMatt

Aug 5, 2013, 12:41:52 PM8/5/13
to wi...@googlegroups.com
​ould not find ffmpegg means either the setting are not proper or ffmpegg is missing.

if your using windows, select restore defaults in the edit menu​. Then go to the edit menu and preferences. Check the windows tab for ffmpeg. it should be something like "C:\program files\winff\ffmpeg.exe"

 If your using linux, try restore defaults. Then if that didn't work. Make sure ffmpegg is installed from your package manager

D Evans

Aug 5, 2013, 1:46:05 PM8/5/13
to wi...@googlegroups.com
That worked a treat Matt - thanks a lot.  A great program where the 'pro' Sorenson utterly failed to deal with my nasty WMV!!!!  Thanks so much.  DE

Gedeon Stol

Sep 4, 2014, 1:52:09 PM9/4/14
to wi...@googlegroups.com, dev...@crackingproductions.com
Hi,

I had a similar issue with 1.5.4 64-bit on Win7 64-bit.

In the EDIT dialogue it said "C:\Program Files (x86)", although it should state "C:\Program Files\"

Hope it helps :)

Bye,
G.