Topic for March 8th Chat?

wineo...@gmail.com

Mar 8, 2007, 9:49:21 AM3/8/07
to Wine 2.0
<rant>
I'm not particularly fond of blogs. All-to-often, I have to wade
through 10s or 100s of posts to ultimately be treated with one that I
really like or need. Reverse chron order has never done that much for
me. And while some blogs have implemented some rudimentary search
capabilities, most search results require too much parsing to
determine if you can find what you are looking for.
</rant>

All that said, Web/Wine 2.0 attempts to build on blogs, wikis, etc.
My topic for discussion: how can we help evolve the current blog
approach to make the medium more effective in our marketing efforts?

Regards,

Ward Bell
Wineonline Minnesota
(pre-Alpha Stage Development)

Tim Elliott

Mar 8, 2007, 9:57:52 AM3/8/07
to win...@googlegroups.com
<rant>
I'm not particularly fond of blogs.  All-to-often, I have to wade
through 10s or 100s of posts to ultimately be treated with one that I
really like or need.  Reverse chron order has never done that much for
me.  And while some blogs have implemented some rudimentary search
capabilities, most search results require too much parsing to
determine if you can find what you are looking for.
</rant>

Welcome to the group, Ward. Us bloggers don't have any problem with opposing views. In fact, we encourage this sort of discussion.

All that said, Web/Wine 2.0 attempts to build on blogs, wikis, etc.
My topic for discussion:  how can we help evolve the current blog
approach to make the medium more effective in our marketing efforts?

Great question for tonight... I'd also be interested in what you have in mind for your site since we appear to share the same state.

Cheers,
--
Tim Elliott
Winecast

wineo...@gmail.com

Mar 8, 2007, 1:30:32 PM3/8/07
to Wine 2.0
Hi Tim,

Two things:

1) I participate in this group through the web interface and don't
receive emails. I could have sworn that I saw a link in your original
post for the address on the WineQ site where the chat will be held.
Today, I cannot find it! I'm planning on participating but need the
directions.

2) As for my venture: things are still in the formulative stages at
this time, so I cannot be too specific. In general, I plan to
concentrate on wines available to consumers from their local retailers
in Minnesota. As you know, the selection in Minnesota is not what you
might find on either coast or Chicago.

There is a niche, I feel, of consumers who want to learn more and try
more but are not yet ready to order online -- for a variety of
reasons. I'm interested in what can be done via the Internet to
address their interests -- and this leads me to my interests in Web
2.0 kinds of applications.

As this idea/concept firms up, I'll be sharing those concepts I can
with the group to gain different perspectives and feedback. I've
already gained a great deal by going to the websites of participants
and subscribing to the blogs.

Regards,

Ward Bell

wineo...@gmail.com

Mar 8, 2007, 2:56:00 PM3/8/07
to Wine 2.0
Re: Chat Address:

I realize now that I accessed the actual link on Tim's website and not
in his post to the group. I knew that I saw it somewhere; it there a
particular reason why it isn't reprinted here? We also are missing
some interesting links to some other resources mentioned in Tim's blog
entry: I guess that folks who have been around for some time already
have those links?

Regards,

Ward Bell
WineOnline Minnesota

On Mar 8, 12:30 pm, "wineonl...@gmail.com" <wineonl...@gmail.com>

Tim Elliott

Mar 8, 2007, 4:09:14 PM3/8/07
to win...@googlegroups.com
I knew that I saw it somewhere; it there a
particular reason why it isn't reprinted here?

For complete clarity here's the chatroom address for this evening's session:

https://wineq.campfirenow.com/b12e3

When I cut and pasted my blog post here the links didn't come thru; my bad.

First 25 folks in the room will participate with new folks posting their question first. See you at 4pm Pacific / 7pm Easter / Midnight GMT, etc.

Cheers,
--
Tim Elliott
Winecast