Ravinia 2012 with Discord

Neutral Blue

Aug 9, 2012, 12:57:55 AM8/9/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
Hey everypony,

As many of us have heard, the Ravinia festival will be putting on an event in Highland Park this month on the 16th and 18th narrated by Mr John De Lancie, and Discord has invited all available bronies out to the event. Undoubtedly, everypony who is anypony is going to be there, and hopefully an event like this will help us drum up some new meetup members.

What I'd like to do here is set up an organised brony outgoing, to meet before and after the show, get everything together, and make sure we all have a good, fun, and polite experience there. So, in this thread, let's hear who is interested in meeting up, and when, as well as any ideas for how to get things organized.

This goes out to anypony new as well, if you're here for the first time,we want to hear from you!

RaccoonRat

Aug 9, 2012, 1:32:40 AM8/9/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
Whichever night I am off, I am totally gonna go.  I will probably more likely be off on Thursday
night than Saturday though.  But if I am off Saturday I will rather go Sat afternoon since
they'll prob be more bronies there.  Thursday's is in the evening though.  Yea it will definitely
be a great place to get new members.

mitchva...@yahoo.com

Aug 9, 2012, 2:42:19 AM8/9/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
Saturday works better for me seeing as I have work thrusday night

Double Eight

Aug 9, 2012, 3:19:49 AM8/9/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
I will try to get Saturday off because it sounds like this should be something we should do. I'll keep everypony posted about my schedule.

Double Eight

Aug 9, 2012, 3:21:11 AM8/9/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
Also, it's $10 bits for lawn seats and if we are meeting in a group, that would seem a bit better for us, economically & socially.

Eli Morris-Heft

Aug 9, 2012, 7:07:09 AM8/9/12
to windycit...@googlegroups.com
I am soooo up for this. Especially since my Ravinia plans for last night fell through due to rain.

I vote for Saturday and doubly-so for lawn seats. Also, we should make sure this particular meetup gets on EqD and Midwest Brony Division. Yay culture!

Carlos Enriquez

Aug 9, 2012, 1:50:20 PM8/9/12
to windycit...@googlegroups.com
It should definitely go on EQD and I am working on our FB page as I type this. I'll make an event for this so we can get the word out a little better.

Aug 9, 2012, 2:04:45 PM8/9/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com, windycit...@googlegroups.com, Carlos Enriquez
Our FB group is up, so if you have a profile, feel free to join because are looking a little bare at the moment.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/522308251119191/

Eli Morris-Heft

Aug 9, 2012, 2:22:04 PM8/9/12
to windycit...@googlegroups.com, Carlos Enriquez
Hopefully this won't mean people won't post to the group. One of the reasons I'm not apprised of Midwest Brony Division stuff is because I left Facebook a year or so ago.

On Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 1:04 PM, Double Eight <enriq...@yahoo.com> wrote:
Our FB group is up, so if you have a profile, feel free to join because are looking a little bare at the moment.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/522308251119191/

Double Eight

Aug 9, 2012, 2:52:03 PM8/9/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com, windycit...@googlegroups.com, Carlos Enriquez
The Group always comes first, FB is just for networking.

Also, after looking at the train schedules, I think it would be best if we all met up before the show at the location of (or near) the festival itself instead of downtown. We should meet up around 12 so that everypony has time to meet and greet each other before the show. Does that sound good?

Eli Morris-Heft

Aug 9, 2012, 3:25:54 PM8/9/12
to windycit...@googlegroups.com
Which day are we planning on?

On Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 1:52 PM, Double Eight <enriq...@yahoo.com> wrote:
The Group always comes first, FB is just for networking.

Also, after looking at the train schedules, I think it would be best if we all met up before the show at the location of (or near) the festival itself instead of downtown. We should meet up around 12 so that everypony has time to meet and greet each other before the show. Does that sound good?

Vinyl Scratch

Aug 10, 2012, 1:57:07 AM8/10/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com, windycit...@googlegroups.com, Carlos Enriquez
Just a little notice.

You currently have the group set to "Closed" so people can only "Request" to join. You would have to approve each one. So this kind of defeats the purpose openness to get people interested.

Double Eight

Aug 10, 2012, 3:10:57 AM8/10/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com, windycit...@googlegroups.com, Carlos Enriquez
I will fix that. Thanks for the notice, Vinyl!

Neutral Blue

Aug 10, 2012, 1:58:47 PM8/10/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
Once we have a FB link I'll mail into EQD and give them the info. I mailed earlier and they're ready to help with promoting.

Eli Morris-Heft

Aug 10, 2012, 2:02:08 PM8/10/12
to windycit...@googlegroups.com

Either I missed what day we decided on, or we should pick one.

Though it doesn't really matter for me, since I can't make the Thursday and have other friends going Saturday anyway.

On Aug 10, 2012 12:58 PM, "Neutral Blue" <nommed...@gmail.com> wrote:
Once we have a FB link I'll mail into EQD and give them the info. I mailed earlier and they're ready to help with promoting.

Double Eight

Aug 10, 2012, 2:27:41 PM8/10/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com, windycit...@googlegroups.com
From the looks of it, we will all be going on Saturday and if we are going to meetup before the show, I suggested we meetup near or at the entrance of the festival (maybe inside?) around 12 so everypony has time to meet and greet each other.

Does this sound good? I need to know so I cement these details for the FB event for our group.

Double Eight

Aug 10, 2012, 2:32:00 PM8/10/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com, windycit...@googlegroups.com
Also, just in case you missed the link the first time, here is our FB group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/522308251119191/

It is open now, thanks to Vinyl's keen eye.

I derped on that part of it's creation so here's a picture of Derpy.

http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/I+just+don+t+know+what+went+wrong+.+Derpy+Thumbs+amirite_a5787f_3610684.jpg

Eli Morris-Heft

Aug 10, 2012, 2:38:05 PM8/10/12
to windycit...@googlegroups.com

Works for me at least.

On Aug 10, 2012 1:27 PM, "Double Eight" <enriq...@yahoo.com> wrote:
From the looks of it, we will all be going on Saturday and if we are going to meetup before the show, I suggested we meetup near or at the entrance of the festival (maybe inside?) around 12 so everypony has time to meet and greet each other.

Does this sound good? I need to know so I cement these details for the FB event for our group.

RaccoonRat

Aug 11, 2012, 12:11:13 AM8/11/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
I just have to get my opening shift covered on Saturday which hopefully shouldn't be a problem.
I am off Thursday too, just in case.  But I plan to go Saturday.

Double Eight

Aug 11, 2012, 2:42:49 AM8/11/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
It's official, you can count me out. My job is a jerk to my social life. But I will still continue organizing the meetup.

RaccoonRat

Aug 11, 2012, 11:06:19 AM8/11/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
Carlos, if you're free Thurs night.  I'll go thurs night if you want to go.

Carlos Enriquez

Aug 11, 2012, 12:02:04 PM8/11/12
to windycit...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, man. I've only got Monday and Tuesday off that week, otherwise, I would've gone.

Aug 12, 2012, 12:59:27 PM8/12/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
So what's the final word on Ravinia guys?

RaccoonRat

Aug 12, 2012, 2:47:28 PM8/12/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
It looks like we were all trying for Saturday at around 12?  I'm still trying to get my shift covered.  Then I'll go Saturday.
If I can't get it covered would anypony be down with meeting me there Thurs night since I'm off
Thursday?

RaccoonRat

Aug 13, 2012, 12:49:40 AM8/13/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
Alright got my shift covered for Saturday!  So are we meeting at noon in front of the theater?
I'm probably gonna drive so does anypony need a lift?

Neutral Blue

Aug 13, 2012, 2:15:25 AM8/13/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
Let's go with twelve, but rather than in front of the theatre, lets meet between there and the pavilion on the theatre's side.so, at the edge of the theatre facing the pavilion. I dont know which one will have the performance, but I can't access google streetview to find a good spot exactly, so we'll need to approximate. that'll at least get us all together. I'll send in the coordinates and we'll see who we can get to show up.

Double Eight

Aug 13, 2012, 3:04:39 AM8/13/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
As soon as you post those coordinates, I will finalize the event on our FB group.

Star Buck

Aug 13, 2012, 6:21:59 PM8/13/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
I'm pretty sure I'll be able to come out on Saturday. I just moved to the area so I have to make some new brony friends somehow =)

Hot Cocoa

Aug 13, 2012, 6:22:20 PM8/13/12
to windycit...@googlegroups.com, Star Buck
And it's on EqD.

Count me in.

 - HotCocoa

Star Buck

Aug 13, 2012, 6:24:37 PM8/13/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
What time are we meeting up and what time are we done on Saturday?

Hot Cocoa

Aug 13, 2012, 6:27:25 PM8/13/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
Let's hope I don't have to work late on Friday...
Message has been deleted

Spencer Lingo

Aug 13, 2012, 7:03:51 PM8/13/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
So..who is going on Thursday? It's the only day I can make it >.<

I'm new to all this, by the by

Blaine

Aug 13, 2012, 7:46:29 PM8/13/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
Hey, I'm new here! I'm pretty excited for this concert, I've been wanting to go to a meet up but this is the first one I've heard about that I can get to. I plan on going Saturday by the way, which seems to be the day of choice.

mitchva...@yahoo.com

Aug 13, 2012, 8:00:20 PM8/13/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
Just to get everything straight for saturday, when and where are we meeting up?

Neutral Blue

Aug 13, 2012, 8:22:33 PM8/13/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
Everything so far is planned for Saturday at 12:00PM next to the Ravinia theatre facing the pavilion inside Ravinia Park. There is the other performance Thurday, but I think that's a little inconvenient for some folks, if anyone plans to go, say so and we'll see if there's enough to organize.

RaccoonRat

Aug 13, 2012, 8:22:41 PM8/13/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
NB, I'm going to make a new post soon with a map and directions since we are going to be getting a bunch of
people from EQD tonight.

Neutral Blue

Aug 13, 2012, 8:31:18 PM8/13/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
Hello new ponies!

Welcome, welcome, very glad to see some life! I'd like to invite you all to our more regular meetups, whenever they are planned ad posted here on the Group. For now though, let's focus on the Discord at hoof.

Sounds like a few would like to go to the Thursday viewing after all. The Thursday event is scheduled later in the evening, at seven PM. Let's go ahead and go with a 6:30 meetup at the same place as the Saturday one,   next to the Ravinia theatre facing the pavilion inside Ravinia Park. I'll try to make it out there but somepony else might have to take charge and lead the herd if the rest of us are holding off 'til later.

Also, it comes to our attention that the event will be free with display of valid college ID, which will save you the 17$ total in admission. Everypony should be sure to get a ticket ahead of time, as they might be in demand on the day of the event.

Neutral Blue

Aug 13, 2012, 8:42:37 PM8/13/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
Roger that. if you can, go ahead and get Metra times in case anypony is going to use the train coming up.

Spencer Lingo

Aug 13, 2012, 8:44:55 PM8/13/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
Will there be some way for us who don't know the venue as well to tell where the group is? Like, a specific outfit to look out for?
Message has been deleted

Mitchell Bandes

Aug 13, 2012, 8:51:46 PM8/13/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
Since this is happening around my birthday, I figured I'd splurge on a chair seat. Of course it never occurred to me until AFTER I bought the ticket that most of the bronies were going to have lawn seats instead.

Eli Morris-Heft

Aug 13, 2012, 9:16:50 PM8/13/12
to windycit...@googlegroups.com
You could try calling and seeing if they'll exchange it. They're generally pretty good about that.

I may show up Thursday just on a whim and meet you guys.

On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 7:51 PM, Mitchell Bandes <mitch...@gmail.com> wrote:
Since this is happening around my birthday, I figured I'd splurge on a chair seat. Of course it never occurred to me until AFTER I bought the ticket that most of the bronies were going to have lawn seats instead.

Dan

Aug 13, 2012, 9:24:28 PM8/13/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
This is going to be my first meetup, looking forward to Saturday.

RaccoonRat

Aug 13, 2012, 9:27:32 PM8/13/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
Sorry I must have posted my post as you were posting yours.  You can delete it if you want.  Will we even be able to get inside the park at 12?  That's why I thought it would be better to meet at that patch of grass between the parking lot and the Pavilion
before we all go in.  See picture:

Double Eight

Aug 13, 2012, 11:12:12 PM8/13/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com

thor9356

Aug 14, 2012, 1:21:37 AM8/14/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
Looking forward to this on thursday!

RaccoonRat

Aug 14, 2012, 3:06:11 AM8/14/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
Looks like I am going to go Thursday night as well!  I will prob be wearing my new Soarin shirt on Thursday
and my Discord shirt on Saturday so you all can recognize me.  A lot of people are going from the Midwest
Brony Division as well, you can check them out on FB.  So we should have well over 10 people there each day.

Tyroq

Aug 14, 2012, 2:07:44 PM8/14/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com

Hey everypony! I just heard of this group (I live in Iowa) and would love to come out to the event in Chicago. Probably on Saturday.

Never been to that part of town before. Would it be better just to drive there. Cheaper I know. But how bad is traffic? Or should I drive to some other part of the city and take the train in?

Also, do I have to buy my ticket online now, or can I get one when I arrive?

Thanks! Look forward to seeing you all there. :)

RaccoonRat

Aug 14, 2012, 4:28:45 PM8/14/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
You can drive here, traffic shouldn't be too bad on Saturday.  Parking is 10 dollars I believe.
You can buy online, but the show is free to collage students with ID.  See you there! :)

RaccoonRat

Aug 14, 2012, 4:33:33 PM8/14/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
So I just heard that on Thursday, the gates open at 4.  We should prob get there around that time so everypony gets a ticket.
Also the show is in the Marten Theatre, not the pavillion.  Not sure how lawn seats are gonna be then if the show is indoors.

Double Eight

Aug 14, 2012, 5:09:22 PM8/14/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
Wow, I am so happy to see so many bronies showing up this event! Looks like EQD definitely did its job for us, otherwise only 5 or 6 of us would've shown up. Hope all of you have fun there.

Patricia Weber

Aug 14, 2012, 8:05:43 PM8/14/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
I created a spreadsheet for train transportation. I am up to adding on or making new ones for car pooling and buses.

thor9356

Aug 14, 2012, 10:21:18 PM8/14/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
I won't be able to go to saturday's showing but I will be there thursday and I'll be wearing my Rainbow Dash cutie mark T-shirt. Do we know where we're meeting up?
Message has been deleted

FireTrophy

Aug 14, 2012, 11:17:35 PM8/14/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Count me in for the Saturday show!

From what I hear, a group is meeting up at noon (show's at one), any details on where exactly @ ravinia?

RaccoonRat

Aug 14, 2012, 11:35:58 PM8/14/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
The performance is going to be in the Martin Theatre, not the pavilion where I originally thought.  I think that means
anyone who is watching from the lawn will be watching the performance from a large jumbo tron judging by the pictures.
Is that how it works?  Anypony go to the Ravinia before?  Anyway, the gates open at 4 pm on Thursday and 12pm on Saturday.
Thursday I'm thinking we should meet up at 5pm-6pm so that way we can get seats near the front.  Likewise for Saturday, but we are

meeting at 12pm on Saturday.  We will be meeting between the Martin Theatre and the Pavilion inside the park.  (See new picture below, disregard old one)

Not sure how John will be signing autographs seeing as he will be inside the theatre and we are outside, but I am sure he will come outside after the performance to sign stuff for us!

New Map:

Eli Morris-Heft

Aug 14, 2012, 11:41:14 PM8/14/12
to windycit...@googlegroups.com
They might set up a jumbotron, but the idea of being on the lawn is that you lay down a blanket and get some food and have a picnic while listening. Yeah, you don't get to see the orchestra, but also you don't have to sit in the seats and stare somewhere weird.

I much prefer the lawn, in my experience.

RaccoonRat

Aug 15, 2012, 12:08:11 AM8/15/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com, windycit...@googlegroups.com
OK, So I'm thinking everypony should bring a blanket and some food?  If they want that is?

Cosplaygrimlyn

Aug 15, 2012, 11:13:50 AM8/15/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
Yay picnics!!! I will bring what i can. Should we make a spreadsheet for food items?

Double Eight

Aug 15, 2012, 12:18:00 PM8/15/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
We probably should. To start off, we should probably bring drinks and snacks of the edible nature, like chips or some kinds of cupcakes or cookies.

But yeah, a spreadsheet would be helpful. Everypony can bring whatever they want as long as you intend to share it. Also silverware is very important, so some of you should consider bringing cups or plates. I think we should encourage hoof (finger) foods as they are easier to eat without the use of utensils.

Spencer Lingo

Aug 15, 2012, 1:16:47 PM8/15/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
Signings are typically done in the gift shop after the performance.

On Tuesday, August 14, 2012 10:35:58 PM UTC-5, RaccoonRat wrote:
The performance is going to be in the Martin Theatre, not the pavilion where I originally thought.  I think that means
anypony who is watching from the lawn will be watching the performance from a large jumbo tron judging by the pictures.

Bronificus

Aug 15, 2012, 1:21:59 PM8/15/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
So I see that we are meeting Saturday at around 12 but Im not going to be able to make it until maybe 12:45 so is there a designated area in which we should go (considering you will be in the concert) or maybe I could leave my number and I could text someone when I get there. Thanks!

Spencer Lingo

Aug 15, 2012, 1:25:23 PM8/15/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
Would anypony be interested in a 17 x 11 'Chaos is Magic' poster?

It won't be super-ultra-high-quality vector art, but they are 300 dpi.

They'll be printed on cardstock (80 lb. paper).

It also won't be one sheet of paper, but I'll get a good way of taping them together ^.^

I realize this isn't the best prospect ever, but it would be something rather cool to have signed.

Patricia Weber

Aug 15, 2012, 1:26:56 PM8/15/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com

Spencer Lingo

Aug 15, 2012, 2:25:07 PM8/15/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
Scratch the taping, they'll be glued.

And one more thing, I'll only be there on Thursday, so unless somepony is planning on going both days, you may be out of luck.

RaccoonRat

Aug 15, 2012, 4:22:25 PM8/15/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
I will be bringing six cans of soda, six cans of cream soda, and various snacks.
I will be bringing said things to both days.  I have added myself to the spreadsheet too.
Anypony else bringing anything??

FireTrophy

Aug 15, 2012, 4:47:51 PM8/15/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
Spencer, I would be interested.  If you want a few bits for the print cost too, that's fine.

FireTrophy

Aug 15, 2012, 4:50:41 PM8/15/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
I got the plasticware (and updated spreadsheet).

Does Ravinia allow libations, for our 21+ crowd?

Eli Morris-Heft

Aug 15, 2012, 5:49:51 PM8/15/12
to windycit...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, they don't really care as long as you don't make a scene and clean up after yourselves.

Spencer Lingo

Aug 15, 2012, 6:49:48 PM8/15/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
Naw, you don't have to pay me. They're not exactly insanely expensive :D

Blaine

Aug 15, 2012, 8:40:49 PM8/15/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
Updated the spreadsheet, I'll be bringing some cheese and crackers 'cause it's definitely one of the best snack time foods.

FireTrophy

Aug 15, 2012, 8:51:32 PM8/15/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
Does anypony have some nice Photo equipment they can bring to document the event (Sat)?  I have an (older) model dSLR I could bring, but would gladly give domain to someone with nicer equipment.

Lightining Gavel

Aug 15, 2012, 11:35:35 PM8/15/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com

Hello everybody.  My brother and I will be there on Sat.  I'm so excited.

mitchva...@yahoo.com

Aug 16, 2012, 2:02:39 AM8/16/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
For everyone taking the metra, where are you guys are getting on from and at what time?

Dan

Aug 16, 2012, 2:05:11 AM8/16/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
I'm getting on at Richton Park, getting off at Millennium Station, and then walking over to the Ogilvie Transportation Center.

Double Eight

Aug 16, 2012, 2:34:29 AM8/16/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
Okay, I am definitely going to make an effort to come to this thing. I have to take my brother to the airport that same morning, so I can use that as an excuse to skip work. If I do come, count me in for a pie and libations for the 21+ crowd. I'll let everypony know if I can make it.

Double Eight

Aug 16, 2012, 2:35:32 AM8/16/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
Also, If I can make it, I will also go to the Ogilvie Transportation Center to get to the festival. What time are you getting there, Dan?

Dan

Aug 16, 2012, 2:49:27 AM8/16/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
I'm gonna be on the 10:35 train at Ogilvie Transportation Center, that's supposed to get Ravinia at 11:21, the next one is 1:21 so that's no good.

mitchva...@yahoo.com

Aug 16, 2012, 2:57:22 AM8/16/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
I'd actually be getting on at Ogilive cause I already live in the city, I was just curious as to how many people are going to be there when i get there...I hadn't even looked up times to be honest lol

Carlos Enriquez

Aug 16, 2012, 3:18:10 AM8/16/12
to windycit...@googlegroups.com
If I'm able to go, I'll take the 10:35 as well. I think anypony taking the metra to the event should meet up before the train leaves, say around 10? So the we can all ride together.

Aug 16, 2012, 3:22:54 AM8/16/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
FireTrophy, I will be bringing my Canon HF R20.  It takes HD pictures and video.

Zora

Aug 16, 2012, 7:46:40 AM8/16/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
Be careful if you're gonna bring cameras. They won't let you take pictures during the show, and I'm not sure about afterwards.

Anyways, sign me on for one of the meetups. I'm not sure whether I'll be going tonight or Saturday, I figure I still have a few hours to decide that much, but when I do go I'll be bringing along a decent-sized blanket that anyone can share with me and I'll have purchased miscellaneous snack foods.

Someone should make one of those spreadsheets for tonight too.

Patricia Weber

Aug 16, 2012, 12:19:41 PM8/16/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com, windycit...@googlegroups.com, Carlos Enriquez
I created a spreadsheet for people taking the train, just so people can meet up on there.

I am coming from Waukegan and will be at Highland Park at 10:31 so Eric, Margaret, and I will be there really early if anyone else is.

Double Eight

Aug 16, 2012, 12:51:06 PM8/16/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com, windycit...@googlegroups.com, Carlos Enriquez
Why Highland Park? Are the directions you're getting not suggest the Ravinia Park stop as a stop? I know Google maps does that.

mitchva...@yahoo.com

Aug 16, 2012, 1:03:41 PM8/16/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com, windycit...@googlegroups.com, Carlos Enriquez
I'm not 100% sure if I'm taking the metra or not, all depends if I can get a ride from my brother.  If I do take the metra, I'll be getting on at Ogilive at 1035 like it seems most people are.
Message has been deleted

Eli Morris-Heft

Aug 16, 2012, 1:40:57 PM8/16/12
to windycit...@googlegroups.com

Just a quick question: there are people coming tonight who are sitting on the lawn, right? And if so, I've missed what our meeting place and time is.

On Aug 16, 2012 12:38 PM, "Patricia Weber" <weber...@gmail.com> wrote:
I did use Google maps and it says to walk eleven minutes to the park from the train station.
But Eric will be picking me up from the station since I will have a lot of stuff.

On Thursday, August 16, 2012 11:51:06 AM UTC-5, Double Eight wrote:
Why Highland Park? Are the directions you're getting not suggest the Ravinia Park stop as a stop? I know Google maps does that.

Zora

Aug 16, 2012, 1:49:56 PM8/16/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com, windycit...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I think the lawn is the plan for both the meetups.

Re: Train station shenanigans: That instruction is not technically correct. Getting off at Ravinia Park drops you right at the gates, I've taken it before and I'm taking it this time.
Message has been deleted

Neutral Blue

Aug 16, 2012, 2:30:51 PM8/16/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com, windycit...@googlegroups.com, Carlos Enriquez
Tonights plan is 6:00 near the pavilion, as shown in the other topic.

RaccoonRat

Aug 16, 2012, 2:46:40 PM8/16/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
Ok, once again, for everypony going tonight.  The gates to the park open at 4pm.  I will be there before then but we are meeting
in the designated meeting spot between 5pm-6pm.  We all want to make sure we get a spot on the lawn together.
There is also more parking on the other side of the train tracks (bottom left in picture)  Here is the picture again:

Neutral Blue

Aug 16, 2012, 2:47:30 PM8/16/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com

Alright, here we are on the eve of the first performance. We all need to be sure of our routes there and back, and of the times. Info is posted around about the Metra times, and the precise location is in the other topic.

I've ended up off work today at the last minute, and am currently trying  to work out a route myself. Is anypony planning to drive tonight? It would be helpful if I could meet you in the loop or someplace and get up there, as it seems the buses don't go that far north.

As for the event itself, we should all remember to have a good time while remaining polite to others. I'm sure everypony will be perfectly respectful to others.

Well, hope to see you all there, I'll definitely make it to the Saturday show, but if anypony can help me out tonight it'd be much appreciated.

RaccoonRat

Aug 16, 2012, 2:51:48 PM8/16/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
I can pick you up around 3:30.  Where at exactly?

Neutral Blue

Aug 16, 2012, 2:55:39 PM8/16/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
Well by default I'm at my house by Milwaukee and Montrose, but I can take the blue line anywhere in the loop.

Eli Morris-Heft

Aug 16, 2012, 3:04:41 PM8/16/12
to windycit...@googlegroups.com
I hate to dispute that wonderful email and map, but the parking you've outlined is VIP parking; you need a special pass to get into that lot. The general parking is across the railroad tracks off of Green Bay Road. An updated map is attached.

ravinia.PNG

RaccoonRat

Aug 16, 2012, 3:06:09 PM8/16/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
What if I picked you up sometime between 3:15 and 3:30 at your house.  Where exactly do you live?

Eli Morris-Heft

Aug 16, 2012, 3:07:36 PM8/16/12
On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 2:04 PM, Eli Morris-Heft <dispatc...@gmail.com> wrote:
I hate to dispute that wonderful email and map, but the parking you've outlined is VIP parking; you need a special pass to get into that lot. The general parking is across the railroad tracks off of Green Bay Road. An updated map is attached.

Neutral Blue

Aug 16, 2012, 3:14:04 PM8/16/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
the instersection of Montrose and LaPorte, just past Milwaukee. My phone was stolen last week, so we'd have to synchronise, but I think thatll work

RaccoonRat

Aug 16, 2012, 3:18:07 PM8/16/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
I will be there 3:15-3:30.  Thanks for pointing out the parking DR I already let the FB page know.
It is loading more messages.