Midwestria Meetups!

Double Eight

Sep 10, 2012, 2:38:09 AM9/10/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
So this weekend is Midwestria, Chicago's Brony Convention organized by the Midwestern Brony Division. So how many of you are going and how many of you would you like the idea of having one meetup per convention day so no pony is left out?

Double Eight

Sep 10, 2012, 12:38:00 PM9/10/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
So far on the FB group, we've we've had two different members suggest a place to eat. One of them mentioned going to an IHOP that's nearby after the convention ends on Sunday and another person suggested dinner on Saturday night. I'm starting to think our meetups for the con should sometime at night or in the afternoon where we can talk about our con experiences of that day.

RaccoonRat

Sep 11, 2012, 12:44:51 AM9/11/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
Some pics of the Wonderbolts jacket I'm gonna wear to Midwestria and CG.  Anypony else wanna share their swag?

Double Eight

Sep 11, 2012, 1:14:56 AM9/11/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
Too cool.

Double Eight

Sep 11, 2012, 1:19:06 AM9/11/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
So far on our FB page, it looks like everpony wants a post con dinner at an IHOP nearby and Saturday will have a Dinner in one of the restaurants in or around the resort. Both meetups will meetup at the con and from there we'll go on to where ever we'll chow down. Friday, I'm thinking of just meeting up at the con in the afternoon and hanging out, probably enjoy the vendors/artist alley.

Sound good?

RaccoonRat

Sep 11, 2012, 1:42:40 AM9/11/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
Sounds good.  So just double checking, it was alright with Caleb with me joining you guys on Sat right?

Carlos Enriquez

Sep 11, 2012, 2:07:32 AM9/11/12
to windycit...@googlegroups.com
I think so. As long as the hotel staff doesn't mind.

Sep 12, 2012, 11:25:43 AM9/12/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com, windycit...@googlegroups.com, Carlos Enriquez
Everything's been finalized for the meetups.

Day one, which is Friday, will have its meetup at 4 near the vendor/artist hall, where we'll hang out and probably explore the hall together or do some other activity.

Day two, Saturday, we'll meet up at the entrance of the con at 6:30 and then go to one of the restaurants in or around the resort.

And Day three, Sunday, we'll meetup after the con wraps up (around 5), then head over to an IHOP nearby to eat and discuss our con experiences.

Hope to see everypony soon.

Double Eight

Sep 17, 2012, 7:38:56 PM9/17/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com

Midwestria swag. The Applejack plushie was made by my friend Margaret and was signed by MA Larson and Charlotte Fullerton. I also won first place for the walk-on in the Costume Contest.

Double Eight

Sep 17, 2012, 7:40:17 PM9/17/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com

Double Eight