Any hidden features of WindowTester Pro?

MJ Abadilla

Aug 25, 2016, 12:50:02 AM8/25/16
to windowtester-pro
Hello everyone,

I am proposing to use GUI testing tools for scrum teams in our company, I'm evaluating WindowTester Pro as one of the candidates. I would like to know if there are other functionalities that is helpful and are not advertised by in the eclipse marketplace. I am using WTP for Swing. https://marketplace.eclipse.org/content/windowtester-pro-gui-tester

1. Print screen?
2. Output errors on a log file?
3. headless mode?
4. Continuous Integration - this is advertised but I could not get it to work.
5. Any thing else that WTP can do?

Here's a slide a made for my presentation for WTP https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1XzfLkZJ4gFzzjuiMPoLRbRBT9qQG7Cxc_zsH1N3YhXs/edit?usp=sharing , I got positive feedback but there are tools out there that needs to be considered as well.

Fred G

Aug 30, 2016, 5:49:08 PM8/30/16
to windowtester-pro
Hi,

Here are the answers to your questions:

1. WTP automatically takes screenshots when a test case fails. It can also be triggered programmatically during a test.
2. WTP supports standard logging functionality.
3. Headless mode is NOT supported.
4. WTP can be used with Ant or Maven in Jenkins or other CI environments.
5. It includes basic documentation and JavaDoc. Online documentation has unfortunately been deleted by Google (I will try to get it back online on Github).

WTP does not cost any money, but if you want to use it's full potential, you'll need to invest some time and effort to adapt your testing environment to it.
In special cases you might need to adapt or extend WTP to fit your needs.

HTH,

Fred