"Error starting the application: Null, Please contact the system admin"

senthil nathan

Apr 13, 2015, 4:03:11 AM4/13/15
to windowte...@googlegroups.com
Team,

I am facing an issue while I am replaying the script with my Java Swing application.

"Error starting the application: Null, Please contact the system admin".

Note: I am using Eclipse Galileo/Java bootstrap JREs are included into my record configuration.

Please help me to resolve the above issue and also share your input on the framework will suit for this application (It's a thick client application developed in Java).

Thanks, Senthil

Fred G

Apr 13, 2015, 2:38:00 PM4/13/15
to windowte...@googlegroups.com
Hi Senthil,

Did you contact your system admin? ;)

Sorry, but this error message does not contain enough info to guess what the problem is.
Please provide more details about your setup (OS, Windowtester version, etc) and exact steps how this issue.can be reproduced.

Regards,

Fred

senthil nathan

Apr 23, 2015, 3:14:30 AM4/23/15
to windowte...@googlegroups.com
Hi Fred,

Appreciate your reply. I have fixed it and seems to be an class issue.

Can you please answer the below.

1. How can i capture the results, for example if I want to add a expected condition.
2. How to generate a test report with Pass/Fail condition.

Waiting for your reply.

Cheers, Senthil
P.S-> I have changed the subject
Excuse for Typos.

senthil nathan

Fred G

Apr 27, 2015, 9:28:33 AM4/27/15
to windowte...@googlegroups.com
Hi Senthil,

1. The following link should explain how assertions work in WindowTester:
https://developers.google.com/java-dev-tools/wintester/html/ui/assertionsUI

2. You can create JUnit test reports from within Eclipse by exporting the test result (in the JUnit test view) or you can create the test report from Ant, when running the tests outside Eclipse.

Regards,

Fred