Google example with maven common runtime

MJ Abadilla

Jun 4, 2016, 12:36:16 PM6/4/16
to windowtester-pro
Hi everyone,

I would like to use WindowTester Pro for my project, there is an example provided by google I WindowTester_ContactManagerSwing_Maven_Example_v1.0.zip but I don't know how to include it on my pom.xml

The example project already have a commonRuntime.jar and swingRuntime.jar. How do I generate these jars from pom.xml? From what I see I need to use ANT, I already tried "ant jar" command but it does not work.

Best regards,
Michael

Fred G

Aug 15, 2016, 6:28:02 PM8/15/16
to windowtester-pro
Hi Michael,

Sorry for the late reply.

I'm not sure what exactly does not work for you. Can you execute the tests as explained in the readme.txt?
Maven does a lot of stuff implicitly so this example might look like a black box. The magic happens in the
test plugin, where the pom.xml defines the testSourceDirectory. That's enough information for Maven Surefire to know which tests should be executed.
The important part is, that all dependencies are resolved. So that's what you need to adapt in your project.

If you just want to run Swing tests with WindowTester and Maven you don't need to generate commonRuntime.jar and swingRuntime.jar.
This is only necessary if you want to modify WindowTester and recompile the JARs. In this case I'd recommend to build it with Tycho instead of Ant.
(see the Tycho branch here: https://github.com/fredg02/windowtester/tree/tychoWIP_e44/com.windowtester.runtime)

Hope that helps,

Fred

MJ Abadilla

Aug 25, 2016, 12:40:18 AM8/25/16
to windowtester-pro
Thank you Fred, I am not familiar with Tycho build tool in the past, I have to check on this once I got the time.