Fwd: Member requesting to join Windows-melting-siding

Carl Scheider

Mar 12, 2018, 1:55:45 PM3/12/18
to thorn...@gmail.com, Melting Melted Siding
OK. I think you are now a member of the group.  Post away and see what you can learn.
Look at my documentation here:

FMPH data:

http://www.fmph.org/home/fmph-melted-siding-documentation

https://www.sites.google.com/site/windowsmeltingsiding/

Personally, I would get close to your neighbor, and ask if it would be all right to pursue the supplier of the new windows.
Get the manufacturer - get the name of the glass supplier from them.
It is the GLASS company that is at fault. The windows people just buy the glass. If you can get the windows people on your side, you might ahve a shot at this. Send them the link to all this data.

The windows MUST be replaced, and someone will need to pay for the new siding.
Worst case, get a lawyer and show them this stuff.

Let us all know what happens.

Carl Scheider
----------------------
Life is NOT a competition, and  . . .
Remember, I'm pulling for ya. We're all in this together!
Red Green

Mar 13, 2018, 1:22:12 PM3/13/18
to Lana Kacprzyk-Watson, Melting Melted Siding
Excellent - excellent. Glad this could work out.
Can you share with us the vendor of the windows and the glass?
Might be helpful to others.

I think you are one of the few that have actually been able to resolve this.
50% of the stuff I see on the web blames the siding, and the other 50% says it is the fact that the windows are highly reflective - and / or that they collapse after being installed. The windows are delivered NOT FLAT.

Just be sure to have someone measure the new windows next door to prove that they are FLAT.
They can get a gadget to do that. You measure the gap at the middle, and the gap at the edges - and it has to be nearly the same.
That or get your glass from Cardinal Glass.

Hope this works out.

Carl Scheider
----------------------
Life is NOT a competition, and  . . .
Remember, I'm pulling for ya. We're all in this together!
Red Green

On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 7:10 AM, Lana Kacprzyk-Watson <blueey...@verizon.net> wrote:
Good Morning,

I wanted to update you with my case in Delaware. After well over a year working to resolve our siding issue, I have finally been able to start resolving the issue. Our home was built by Ryan Homes in 2006 I believe. Many people I contacted with Ryan led me to the window company, and then the siding company, and then another window company, and then another siding company, each one saying either the siding was not theirs, or the windows were not theirs. I was told by all companies to submit the warranty claim form, and of course was denied.

When I finally identified the correct window and siding company, the window company had me get the information off of OUR windows, not the neighbors. I kept getting conflicting information over which was to blame, even though I knew it was not our house to blame. Problem is, that the neighbors have a home in New York, and are rarely at the residence. Numerous attempts to contact the selling realtor for that home, in order to contact the owner failed.

The window company, PLY GEM, did send me new glass, at no charge for the windows in my home, however left us again, with a situation needing someone to put the new glass in the old window. This may be nice, I don't know, for energy efficiency, or for a clean newer look of the window, but serve no purpose to fix the melting siding on our home.

I continued contacting Ryan, different people, different messages, etc. I finally got a call back from one of the site supervisors, who agreed to meet me to look at the siding! YIPPEE! He knew exactly what the problem was, and big surprise, not our windows, the neighbors. He was amazing, very willing to work with us to finally solve the problem.

We were eventually able to speak to the owner of the home, who was apparently aware that his windows were the issue, and it had been questioned when he bought the home. He apparently asked what was wrong with the siding our house, and was told it was thermal distortion, caused by his windows. Nothing was ever done from there. The home had been foreclosed on, so I think the broker just wanted to fix whatever problems existed in the home as cheaply as they could, in order to resell for profit.

So, long story, bottom line: The Supervisor met the neighboring homeowner at the end of February to get the information needed from the windows, in order to work with the window company in getting the glass in his home replaced. At no cost. From there, I am told, they will then work with us to replace the damaged siding, on our home, at no cost. Of course, they will only replace the actual damaged areas, and at this point, I am not sure how much of an area that will be. To me, it looks like it is just about the entire side of the home, he says less, that what I see it is an optical illusion. He did assure me that it is a cosmetic issue, and will not cause any issue with water damage to the home, although the siding is warped so bad, that it is pulled away from the windows, that the Tyvek  is clearly visible in many areas.

I am confident that this young man will indeed continue to work with me to correct the problem. Even though it has taken years, all of the information and guidance you provided has been instrumental in helping me become knowledgeable enough to continue to calmly, and nicely, stay persistent with Ryan Homes.

Sorry for the long update. I did try to post via the link you sent above, however it states there is no permission to post. I may be on the wrong link, if so, please feel free to share with the group, if you feel my story would benefit others.

Thank You again, the information you provide, as well as your willingness to answer each and every email personally,  quickly, and thoroughly  is very much appreciated!

Lana Kacprzyk-Watson
blueey...@verizon.net

Carl Scheider

Mar 16, 2018, 3:29:29 PM3/16/18
to Lana Kacprzyk-Watson, Melting Melted Siding
That sounds great - I'll post this to the website as well.
I cannot believe how little is known about this problem and how wide spread it is.
Take care.

Carl Scheider
----------------------
Life is NOT a competition, and  . . .
Remember, I'm pulling for ya. We're all in this together!
Red Green

On Fri, Mar 16, 2018 at 1:31 PM, Lana Kacprzyk-Watson <blueey...@verizon.net> wrote:

Hi Carl,
    It is not totally resolved yet, but I feel confidant that it will be! I believe I was told that the windows/glass are plygem, and that is the replacement glass that I have for our own home as well, now sitting in the garage! We will store it at this point, for any future use needed!
   As I said, this contact from Ryan homes has dealt with this on more than one occasion, and he tells me that it has always been successfully resolved. I am hoping it is the same with our home. I will have to share pictures as well, as soon as I can get to the other computer, I will do that, of that is OK with you?
Will update you with progress as well, may be able to help someone else put there, as I felt in was just lost in a deep dark ocean, with no rescue boat in sight!

Again, Thank You, Lana

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail

Good Morning,

Lana Kacprzyk-Watson