My Experience

Robert Hannan

Mar 20, 2020, 4:10:18 PM3/20/20
to Windows-melting-siding
We have a Ryan's Home we built in Fort Mill SC, After about 6 years we notice our siding starting to warp and melt. We have Plygem Variform siding and decided to send the siding in for a "lifetime" warranty claim. We were surprised by the response, the deformed siding was caused by the sun's reflection from our neighbors window and was not an eligible claim. We then did some further observation and noticed a sundial pattern of the deformity, and then we finally caught the death ray in action! The photos of the siding due not do the damage justice, but as you can see the temperature will easily get over 160 degrees F in the middle of November. Our neighbor with the defective window also has a Ryan home; Ryan used Plygem 2100 series windows in our neighborhood. Since the siding and window company are one in the same I am hoping to have a chance to get them to cover the damage. It has been difficult to get any traction though. Any advise would most greatly be appreciated.

Pictures