Weather Shield rejection of claim

Carl Scheider

Dec 9, 2015, 5:27:41 PM12/9/15
to Melting Melted Siding
I note the enormous popularity of this group. Just joking. Can't see more than 2 members at the moment. Thought I would post a minor update.

We have two NEW replacement windows from WeatherShield that are now causing problems where the OLD windows did not. They lost their seal, were covered under warranty, so our Member opted to replace them. She had to pick up the installation cost, and WeatherShield shipped new windows. One minor problem, AFTER they were installed she discovered that they are slowly melting her neighbor's siding.

SO - we purchased a laser measuring tool. Guess what - these brand new windows are way off. They are seriously collapsed and are generating heat enough to melt siding.

Our windows dealer reported that to Weathershield, asked them to replace them. They refused - simply said NO!

So we are ordering new windows, and we will reject them until we get flat ones.

THEN we are going to sue the company for that amount, and the installation and the melted siding.

Any law firms out there that want to make a bundle on a class action law suit - give me a call. We are probably talking about $3,000 or less - but if we had taken action on our original 35 homes or so, we are talking $600K or more.

You too can join this - let me know.

My best hope, silly as it is, that we can generate enough negative to the vendor that they step up to the plate. They are setting furniture on fire, and melting thousands of feet of siding - they should step up, admit it, and STOP doing it. The problem is not rocket science. Just make the panes of glass FLAT!!!

Carl Scheider
Life is NOT a competition, and  . . .
Remember, I'm pulling for ya. We're all in this together!
Red Green