Just a reminder

Carl Scheider

Mar 20, 2020, 12:27:58 PM3/20/20
to Windows-melting-siding
This group is for anyone with melting / melted siding.
The problem is NOT the siding - it is the windows of the neighbor.
And the problem is not that the windows are reflective - it is that they are NOT FLAT.
They should be replaced with FLAT windows.
You need to buy a gadget that can measure the distance between the panes at the edges - where we presume they are flat - and the middle - where it is likely they are convex or concave - depending on how you look at it. A curved window makes a magnifying glass, which can generate heat over 200 degrees F. Your grass and siding will not survive in that. It will set fire to fabric on lawn furniture.

Sue the windows company.

When we started measuring the glass, they started shipping FLAT glass. They know it's a problem.
Cardinal glass swears they ship only flat glass.
And in our 15 years, the finally FLAT windows have never warped - they come that way. It is not a function of atmosphere or losing seals, or anything like that.

We just had a request for a new member, so we might get some new photos and experiences.

Good luck - we are all in this together - and I'm pulling for you.