"Access is denied" on Windows Vista

Pere Martir

Jan 7, 2011, 12:12:20 PM1/7/11
to Windmill Developers
windmill fails in my Windows 7 *but* succeeds in my Windows XP and
Vista.

WindowsError: [Error 5] Access is denied.

I have UAC disabled in Windows 7 and the user account has Adminstrator
previledge. Python 2.6. I've installed windmill 1.4 by pip.

I've found that the similar question has been posted twice:
* MAY, 2010 - "Access Denied Using ShellExecute" -
http://groups.google.com/group/windmill-dev/browse_thread/thread/28453a7c5289524c/ef2005079078d45e?lnk=gst&q=access+denied#ef2005079078d45e
* JUNE, 2009 - "WindowsError: [Error 5] Access is denied" -
http://groups.google.com/group/windmill-dev/browse_thread/thread/93825dfc0f605522/106586fe82042919?lnk=gst&q=access+denied#106586fe82042919

Any update of this issue please?

Adam Christian

Jan 11, 2011, 5:31:03 PM1/11/11
to windmi...@googlegroups.com
The reason that this hasn't been "fixed" is because I simply can't reproduce it -- I have been running tests just fine on windows 7 with python 2.5.4 and 2.6 for some time and haven't been able to make this happen.

Are there any other details anyone can give me about reproducing it? I would certainly like to unblock all of you.

Adam

Pere Martir

Jan 12, 2011, 1:14:28 PM1/12/11
to Windmill Developers
On Jan 11, 11:31 pm, Adam Christian <adam.christ...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The reason that this hasn't been "fixed" is because I simply can't reproduce it -- I have been running tests just fine on windows 7 with python 2.5.4 and 2.6 for some time and haven't been able to make this happen.
>
> Are there any other details anyone can give me about reproducing it? I would certainly like to unblock all of you.

The command line used to produce this problem is:

windmill shell ie http://www.google.com

I've aslo reported the version of Python, Windows, and Windmill. Could
you please suggest what else "detail" I should provide ?

By the way, the subject of this thread was *NOT* correct. I didn't
have problem on Windows Vista, but Windows 7.

Adam Christian

Jan 13, 2011, 3:00:47 AM1/13/11
to Windmill Developers
For Windows 7 it looks like the right combination is: pywin32-214.win-
amd64-py2.6 on python-2.6.6.amd64

I've run all the unit tests using the latest master and everything is
passing as expected.

Could you try pulling down master from github so that we can narrow
the problem down? I'm wondering if it's a pip issue.

The URL is: https://github.com/windmill/windmill

Adam

On Jan 12, 10:14 am, Pere Martir <pere.mart...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 11, 11:31 pm, Adam Christian <adam.christ...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > The reason that this hasn't been "fixed" is because I simply can't reproduce it -- I have been running tests just fine on windows 7 with python 2.5.4 and 2.6 for some time and haven't been able to make this happen.
>
> > Are there any other details anyone can give me about reproducing it? I would certainly like to unblock all of you.
>
> The command line used to produce this problem is:
>
>   windmill shell iehttp://www.google.com

Youngmee Kim

Jan 13, 2011, 7:31:41 PM1/13/11
to windmi...@googlegroups.com
Dear Windmill developers:

Is there any update on this issue?  This was a blocking issue for me and I subsequently gave up, but I would like to try using Windmill in our testing environment again.  Thanks for your help.

https://github.com/windmill/windmill/issues#issue/4

Youngmee Kim

Adam Christian

Feb 14, 2011, 2:24:24 PM2/14/11
to windmi...@googlegroups.com
Greeings Pere,

Are you still experiencing these kinds of problems with master? I think so far everyone who has upgraded has had no problems with win 7 or the varying python installs.

--
Adam Christian

Pere Martir

Feb 16, 2011, 7:56:46 AM2/16/11
to Windmill Developers
On Feb 14, 8:24 pm, Adam Christian <adam.christ...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Greeings Pere,
> Are you still experiencing these kinds of problems with master? I think so far everyone who has upgraded has had no problems with win 7 or the varying python installs.

I've just installed Windmill again from the source today, and I can no
longer reproduce it on my Windows 7.

Adham Mohamed Dahab

Oct 5, 2013, 3:19:47 AM10/5/13
to windmi...@googlegroups.com, pere.m...@gmail.com
Use Permissions Time Machine v1.0 to restore default permissions to folder or files or registry keys it's free and fast and easy