inifinite loop with IE

Tomek

Oct 27, 2010, 9:39:33 AM10/27/10
to Windmill Developers
Hi,
we have already some tests, and they are running fine on firefox. I've
started now to run the tests on IE and bekame an endless loop of
following:

windmill.server.https: DEBUG "GET
http://localhost:8080/latest/login/windmill-serv/css/smoothness/images/ui-bg_glass_95_
windmill.dep._wsgi_jsonrpc: DEBUG Sending
{"version":"1.1","method":"next_action","params":[]} to dispatcher
windmill.dep._wsgi_jsonrpc: DEBUG decoded to python object
{u'version': u'1.1', u'params': [], u'method': u'next_action'}
windmill.dep._wsgi_jsonrpc: DEBUG dispatcher has key next_action
jsonrpc_methods_instance: DEBUG queue has no next_action, returning
"pause" method
windmill.dep._wsgi_jsonrpc: DEBUG serializing {'result':
{'version': '0.1', 'method': 'defer'}}
windmill.server.https: DEBUG "POST
http://tomek-desktop:8080/windmill-jsonrpc/?preventCache=1288184605002
HTTP/1.1" 200 -
windmill.dep._wsgi_jsonrpc: DEBUG Sending
{"version":"1.1","method":"next_action","params":[]} to dispatcher
windmill.dep._wsgi_jsonrpc: DEBUG decoded to python object
{u'version': u'1.1', u'params': [], u'method': u'next_action'}
windmill.dep._wsgi_jsonrpc: DEBUG dispatcher has key next_action
jsonrpc_methods_instance: DEBUG queue has no next_action, returning
"pause" method
windmill.dep._wsgi_jsonrpc: DEBUG serializing {'result':
{'version': '0.1', 'method': 'defer'}}
windmill.server.https: DEBUG "POST http://localhost:8080/windmill-jsonrpc/?preventCache=1288184605034
HTTP/1.1" 200 -
windmill.dep._wsgi_jsonrpc: DEBUG Sending
{"version":"1.1","method":"next_action","params":[]} to dispatcher
windmill.dep._wsgi_jsonrpc: DEBUG decoded to python object
{u'version': u'1.1', u'params': [], u'method': u'next_action'}
windmill.dep._wsgi_jsonrpc: DEBUG dispatcher has key next_action
jsonrpc_methods_instance: DEBUG queue has no next_action, returning
"pause" method
windmill.dep._wsgi_jsonrpc: DEBUG serializing {'result':
{'version': '0.1', 'method': 'defer'}}
This happens after the login page is sumbitted. The IDE hangs on the
command. I tried with waits.forElement and waits.forPageLoad with the
same result. I can brake the loop, when I in the IDE manually click
the last command again.

Any Ideas?

Adam Christian

Oct 28, 2010, 3:10:44 AM10/28/10
to windmi...@googlegroups.com
This certainly sounds like a bug, any chance you can deploy this and give me a script to repro? Are you using windmill from src master or the 1.3 release in pypi?

Adam

Tomek Sniadach

Oct 28, 2010, 9:51:07 AM10/28/10
to windmi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Adam,
I can give you the code of the test, but the application is not accessible from outside. The application loads many of js-code after login and uses extjs as main library. Maybe the info could help.
Here the code:
The login method:
def login(self, wait):
    self.logger.debug('logging in')
    self.client.open(url=functest.registry['url'])
    self.client.waits.forElement(id=u'welcome', timeout=u'10000')
    self.client.type(text=functest.registry['username'], id=u'username')
    self.client.type(text=functest.registry['password'], id=u'password')
    self.client.waits.forElement(id=u'logingButton', timeout=u'30000')
    self.client.click(id=u'logingButton')
   if wait == 2:
        self.waitForLoadingFinish(u'60000')
The problem occurs in the method waitForLoadingFinish
Here the code:
def waitForLoadingFinish(self, timeout=u'30000'):
      try:
        self.client.waits.forElement(classname=u'ext-el-mask-msg x-mask-loading', timeout=timeout)
      except WindmillTestClientException:
        pass
      self.client.waits.forNotElement(classname=u'ext-el-mask-msg x-mask-loading', timeout=timeout)

The inifinite loop occurs in the try block while waiting for the element  'ext-el-mask-msg x-mask-loading'
Again, in FF3 it works. Also in chrome.

Thanks

Tomek Sniadach

Nov 3, 2010, 4:25:27 AM11/3/10
to windmi...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I've tried following:
I've recorded a simple test and played it. That works.
I've saved (python) the test and ran it from terminal, Doesn't work.
Any ideas where I should look for. Unfortunately is IE a must :-(

Tomek

Tomek Sniadach

Nov 19, 2010, 7:32:17 AM11/19/10
to windmi...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
after update into the newest version, the Windmill IDE shows me in the output panel "Permission denied" on the hanging command (its self.client.waits.forElement...)
There are no references to other domains on my side. Could it be, that windmill cause internally the exception? (i.e by using https instead of http)
Any ideas?

Tomek

Adam Christian

Dec 23, 2010, 4:19:02 PM12/23/10
to Windmill Developers
Hi Tomek,

Was this not broken before 1.4 release? I have spent HOURS on this bug
and can't pinpoint the place where this exception is triggered -- it's
a really strange one because it actually breaks the whole JS loop in
IE.

I can reproduce it, but I dont seem to be able to squash it, will let
you know when I finally figure it out.

It looks like it may be coming from somewhere in the event firing
code, but it's hard to tell.

Adam

On Nov 19, 4:32 am, Tomek Sniadach <tomek.sniad...@googlemail.com>
wrote:
> Hi,
> after update into the newest version, the Windmill IDE shows me in the
> output panel "Permission denied" on the hanging command (its
> self.client.waits.forElement...)
> There are no references to other domains on my side. Could it be, that
> windmill cause internally the exception? (i.e by using https instead of
> http)
> Any ideas?
>
> Tomek
>
> 2010/11/3 Tomek Sniadach <tomek.sniad...@googlemail.com>
>

> > Hi,
> > I've tried following:
> > I've recorded a simple test and played it. That works.
> > I've saved (python) the test and ran it from terminal, Doesn't work.
> > Any ideas where I should look for. Unfortunately is IE a must :-(
>
> > Tomek
>
> > 2010/10/28 Tomek Sniadach <tomek.sniad...@googlemail.com>
> >> 2010/10/28 Adam Christian <adam.christ...@gmail.com>
>
> >> This certainly sounds like a bug, any chance you can deploy this and give

Tomek Sniadach

Dec 29, 2010, 2:42:59 PM12/29/10
to windmi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Adam,
with 1.3 it's suppose to be more stable. With 1.4 it is reproducable
for sure. I also tried follow the behavior and was lost at event
handling. We use a lot of javascript in the application. I found a
little workaround, so i can go ahead.
Thanks again for help, it is great to know, that you could reproduce it.
Regards and happy new year
Tomek