(Yet again) instantiate windmill in python

Pere Martir

Feb 16, 2011, 8:48:24 AM2/16/11
to Windmill Developers

I've read the thread with subject "how to instantiate windmill in
python", but I also have the same problem in the last reply (bztips).
The execution of the script just stops and no browser window appears.
I cannot stop it by Ctrl-C.

I am using the same script provided by Adam Christian in the same
thread:

from windmill.authoring import setup_module, WindmillTestClient
from windmill.conf import global_settings
# also tried START_CHROME and START_IE
global_settings.START_FIREFOX = True
import sys
setup_module(sys.modules[__name__])
x = WindmillTestClient(__name__)
x.open("http://www.google.com")

- Windmill: the HEAD revision pulled from GitHub today
- CPython: 2.6.4
- OS: Windows XP and 7 (reproducible on both)
- Browsers: IE7, IE8, Chrome 9, FF 3.6

However I can start all the browsers from the shell with the command:

windmill shell firefox http://www.google.com

Vladimir Mihailenco

Feb 16, 2011, 1:47:45 PM2/16/11
to Windmill Developers
Upvote. There are many threads asking about this feature, but I did
not see any working code so far. Very strange for project that is
written in Python.

Pere Martir

Feb 17, 2011, 6:53:03 AM2/17/11
to Windmill Developers
On Feb 16, 7:47 pm, Vladimir Mihailenco <vladimir.web...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Upvote. There are many threads asking about this feature, but I did
> not see any working code so far. Very strange for project that is
> written in Python.

It should not a surprise since it uses some Python Win32 modules like
win32pdhutil, win32api, win32con, etc.