Method for waiting for AJAX response message

Panu Tangchalermkul

Jan 11, 2011, 1:32:56 AM1/11/11
to Windmill Developers
I'm searching for a test suite right now and I see Windmill is quite
promising. Now I wonder for one thing, after searching through this
group, github document, and google search, I want to know if Windmill
can assert directly from XHR response instead of element or javascript
function?

My use case is this. In some AJAX action on my web application, no
element was added to DOM after the AJAX request is returned. However,
the request will return a response message, such as "success". My
question is, can Windmill detect this response message? something like
'waitForResponse' method.

I will really appreciate your reply.

Adam Christian

Jan 11, 2011, 4:37:58 PM1/11/11
to windmi...@googlegroups.com
Hey Panu,

Windmill can do what you are looking for, but it's using the windmill javascript framework instead of the standard action by action DOM stuff, check out the JSTests documentation for details: https://github.com/windmill/windmill/wiki/javascript-tests

Adam

Panu Tangchalermkul

Jan 12, 2011, 4:11:44 AM1/12/11
to Windmill Developers