2018 Prague Hackathon - technical feedback

Jirka Chadima

Oct 30, 2018, 4:50:21 AM10/30/18
to Winding Tree
Hello everyone,

I would like to start this thread to collect some technical feedback from the hackathon. If you encountered any weird stuff while using our code or were not able to figure out something from the documentation, let us know, we want to improve what we can.

I'll start with my notes, which the majority of has already been transformed into github issues and will be at some point implemented or improved.

- We lack a documentation on running the whole platform in Windows (it might even not work under some conditions)
- registerHotel in our smart contrats should return hotel address (useful when creating hotels from another smart contract)
- Improve error messages in write-api with relation to account creation (It's not clear what's wrong when the wallet file is only slightly broken)
- write-api is crashing with 500 when replacement transaction underpriced is encountered
- read-api's 502 return codes and error handling in general

If you have the time or it is more convenient for you to do so, please create github issues directly, it'll save us some time.

There will be a full write-up of the event at some point on our blog, so stay tuned.

Thank you for a great event and great submissions,
Jirka Chadima

PS: If you know about somebody with technical feedback who is not part of this mailing group, please tell them about it and invite them to join!
Message has been deleted

metas...@gmail.com

Nov 1, 2018, 4:12:26 AM11/1/18
to Winding Tree
(hackathon issues on GitHub here: https://github.com/windingtree/wt-hackathon/issues

mar...@windingtree.com

Dec 10, 2018, 1:19:19 PM12/10/18
to Winding Tree
Hey everyone,

We just published the full hackathon recap - check out the tech talks videos, interviews, the list of winners and technical evaluation of the hacks here: https://blog.windingtree.com/hacktravel-hackathon-recap-feacb65cc47d

Your feedback is still very welcome and will help us improve for the next 2 hackathons we're planning for 2019. Post as replies here or drop us a couple of lines on Gitter chat

Thank you in advance!