Intel Hiring JR & SR Webkit Developers Anywhere - Architect Levels Available

John Polhill

Apr 16, 2012, 2:11:24 PM4/16/12
to Windows CE WebKit
send resume directly to johnx.po...@intel.com with salary
requirements & preferred location.

** JR developers locations could be more limited until ramp-up **

Description

We’re Intel’s Open Source Technology Center (OTC) and if you are a
WebKit expert, we should talk. The Open Web Platform is transforming
content authors into application developers. We think this is a very
big deal and is only possible because of your work, and Intel’s work
to advance Moore’s Law. If you want a front-row seat at the greatest
technology show on earth, if you want to see what the 2015 platform is
going to look like three years before the rest of the world, and if
you want to influence how that platform runs HTML5 and JavaScript,
then you should work here. But here can be virtually anywhere,
because Intel has engineers working in open source across the globe.

Intel understands open source, and have been working in the community
for well over a decade. We contribute across a wide range of open
source projects at all levels of the software stack from BIOS up
through applications. OTC develops Linux-based mobile operating
systems and applications. OTC has some of the best and brightest
software engineers and we’re leaders in and sponsor a wide variety of
open source projects.

We are looking for developers with intimate knowledge of the WebKit
source code, especially those who are already WebKit contributors and
reviewers. We require that our engineers know how to interact
positively with the community to ensure code is developed in an
acceptable manner and adopted in upstream community projects where
appropriate. In this role you would demonstrate a high level of
initiative, an ability to assume ownership of major areas, and would
establish Intel’s technical direction. We think code speaks the
loudest, but you need to communicate effectively in prose as well,
across multiple geographies.

Your job at Intel would be to:
- Improve various web technology implementations: WebKit, JavaScript
engines, CSS, SVG, WebGL
- Implement and debug features on multiple platforms, both mobile and
non-mobile, and across multiple OS’s including standard Linux,
Windows, Mac OS X and Android.
- Work in and contribute to the WebKit open source project and
community
- Represent Intel at WebKit developer conferences, standards bodies
and technical events
- Profile and improve WebKit performance on both non-mobile and mobile
platforms
- Research new software development concepts
- Design and review new APIs and framework features

Qualifications:

BS degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering with a minimum
of 4 years of experience or an MS/PhD degree with at least 3 years of
experience (or equivalent).
-3+ years of experience with WebKit source code
-3+ years of Open Source project knowledge experience
-3+ years of experience developing applications for mobile and non-
mobile platforms
-3+years of hands on experience and knowledge of OpenGL ES & 2D/3D
Graphics
-3+ years of programming skills in C/C++
-3+ years of experience with explaining and presenting technical
concepts-
-3+ years of experience with one or more of the following is
required:
WebCore architecture
HTML page loading, parsing, rendering
WebKit2 less than 3 yrs
HTML5 less than 3 yrs
JavaScript engines
V8
OpenGL and/or WebGL
Security
Network programming, profiling and optimization
Audio & Video streaming
Web standards