Followup to Bev McGuire Talk on 12/10/12

Steve Lee

Oct 17, 2012, 11:40:39 AM10/17/12
to wilmingt...@googlegroups.com
Some of you attended the wonderful talk and discussion at the last Wednesday Buddhist Book Study Group.  The talk--led by UNCW Asst. Prof. Beverly Foulks McGuire--was an overview of what might be called "The Buddhist Family Tree." She gave a brief history of the development of all the major lineages and summarized the basics of the meditation practices of each lineage.

I mentioned that a recent Buddhadharma article had some specifics on Tibetan meditation practices, and some folks asked for copies or links.  I found it online, and here is the link to the article:

Two Great Paths
 Buddhadharma, Spring 2012

"Dzogchen and Mahamudra, the Great Perfection and the Great Seal, are powerful meditative systems for revealing the nature of mind, explains Adeu Rinpoche. While their methods may differ, their essence is the same."

http://www.thebuddhadharma.com/web-archive/2012/2/10/two-great-paths.html