Facebook Williams group

Tanja Holtzhausen

Oct 20, 2008, 2:56:51 AM10/20/08
to Williams-sa
Hi everyone
I was surfing the web and came accross a few williams syndrome groups
on facebook. What do you think about starting a South African one?
That way we can put a face to each name and see what the parents and
WS kids and their siblings look like and what they get up to! Its only
a fun suggestion and not meant to take the place of the google group,
which I think is a great forum for discussing WS issues. How do you
feel about this?
On the lighter side, we went camping this weekend and was running
after Henri (4) WS all the time to get him out of everybody's caravans
and tents. He has absolutely no fear of strangers and will run to the
nearest new person and put up his arms to be picked up. It can be a
little embarrasing at times, and people generally don't know how to
handle it. But as soon as they hear he's a special needs child they
instantly warm to him - he leaves them no choice! Henri provides us
with lots of laughs every day, he really does some eccentric things.
He adores lawnmowers and motorbikes and the last thing he says before
going to bed is 'Lekke doedoe motorfiets!' He has truly enriched our
lives with love and laughter.
Tanja Holtzhausen
Mom to Henri (4) WS, Andre (3) and wife to Jacques

Elana Z Fine

Oct 20, 2008, 3:35:10 AM10/20/08
to willi...@googlegroups.com
i'm in :)

Magda Coetzee

Oct 20, 2008, 5:59:15 AM10/20/08
to willi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Elana and Tanja,

I will support all awareness outreaches to better the lifes for the WS children in our country. Count me in! Like the advert" I'm free"!!! So glad you had a splendid weekend, I miss our camping days but living just off the beach, has it's disadvantages!  Thanks to all those caravanners he simply loves Henri back!

Magda, mom of 14 year old Johan Coetzee who is having his birthday on November 1 2008 WITH RANDALL WICOMB DOING A CONCET FOR FREE for the WSASA to enable us to host a national convention from 30 Oct - 2 Nove 2009 (venue: Johannesburg).

Please visit our website: http://www.williams-syndrome.co.za for more info on this stunning GIFT from Randall, if we can sell all tickets we will be able to raise R20,000-00!

Please tell all your friends in the Eastern Cape: Tickets at Vincent Family Pharmacy (bookings Magda - 084 574 2926).

Have a lovely week all of you!

Magda.

Tanja Holtzhausen

Oct 20, 2008, 8:21:16 AM10/20/08
to Williams-sa
I have created the group, just search facebook's groups for Williams
syndrome South Africa! Please join the group!

On Oct 20, 11:59 am, Magda Coetzee <williamsyndrom...@sainet.co.za>
wrote:
> Hi Elana and Tanja,
> I will support all awareness outreaches to better the lifes for the WS children in our country. Count me in! Like the advert" I'm free"!!! So glad you had a splendid weekend, I miss our camping days but living just off the beach, has it's disadvantages!  Thanks to all those caravanners he simply loves Henri back!
> Magda, mom of 14 year old Johan Coetzee who is having his birthday on November 1 2008 WITH RANDALL WICOMB DOING A CONCET FOR FREE for the WSASA to enable us to host a national convention from 30 Oct - 2 Nove 2009 (venue: Johannesburg).
> Please visit our website:http://www.williams-syndrome.co.zafor more info on this stunning GIFT from Randall, if we can sell all tickets we will be able to raise R20,000-00!

Louis Kerswill

Oct 20, 2008, 3:30:59 PM10/20/08
to willi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tanja,
Great idea. I have just subscribed and added two pictures of Zander. Also added a link to the google group.

Cheers
Louis
--- On Mon, 10/20/08, Tanja Holtzhausen <tholtz...@mweb.co.za> wrote:

http://mail.yahoo.com

Wanita van Zyl

Oct 21, 2008, 1:25:07 PM10/21/08
to willi...@googlegroups.com
Hi there!

I'm in as well.  Just added a photo of Henry in his school uniform

Regards
Wanita

Checked by AVG.

This conversation is locked