Change the embargo for photos already uploaded

Raphaël Nussbaumer

Jul 30, 2022, 6:40:04 AM7/30/22
to Wildlife Insights
Hi,
I have just remove the embargo on the pictures of my project, but it does not seems to affect the download privilege on the pictures already uploaded. (For instance: https://storage.googleapis.com/my_first_project_1587661402925__main/deployment/2032975/014819ff-2ca9-407b-82a1-8866377929c0.JPG).
Is there a way to affect the new embargo/remove the embargo on all the pictures in my project?
Thanks for the help,

Wildlife Insights

Aug 4, 2022, 2:25:36 PM8/4/22
to Wildlife Insights
Hi Raphaël,

Removing the embargo period should apply to all images in your project, regardless of when they were uploaded.  I'll take a look into this and get back to you soon.

Nicole
Wildlife Insights team

Wildlife Insights

Aug 4, 2022, 6:51:22 PM8/4/22
to Wildlife Insights
Hi Raphael,

Can you let me know which deployments seem to be embargoed still? I downloaded your project's data from the Explore page and it seems to include all image records.

Thanks,
Nicole

Raphaël Nussbaumer

Aug 5, 2022, 1:20:42 AM8/5/22
to Wildlife Insights
Hi Nicole,
Thanks for getting back to me. I can also download the file with the urls but the urls don't seem to work (see the url in my first email). Maybe I'm doing something wrong?
--
Raphaël.

Wildlife Insights

Aug 8, 2022, 2:07:15 PM8/8/22
to Wildlife Insights
Hi Raphaël,

Can you confirm if you're trying to access the images as a 'public' user (i.e., a user without a role in your project) or a 'private' user (i.e., a user you've invited to join your project as an Owner, Editor, etc)?

The 'public' download package is requested through the 'Explore' page and provides a link to the image through the application. This download is impacted by the embargo. The URLs provided through this public download will look similar to this: https://app.wildlifeinsights.org/download/2001443/data-files/alphanumeric_code_for_image_ID

The link you provided above seems to be from a 'private' download, which is requested through your private project page. This download shouldn't be impacted by the embargo. I can't confirm if the link is working or not as I don't have access to your project. If it isn't working, the issue may not be related to the embargo. Can you invite suppor...@wildlifeinsights.org to your project as an Editor so we can check out the issue?

Thanks,
Nicole

Raphaël Nussbaumer

Aug 8, 2022, 4:21:38 PM8/8/22
to Wildlife Insights
Hi Nicole,
Thanks for getting in touch. It would be as a public user.
I can see that it's basically only the thumbnails which are available for public users. So, I simply need to change "__main" into"_thumbnails" in my url to make it work. Shame that only such low resolution is available to share.
Thanks for your help,
--
Raphaël.