Wildlife Insights Public Release

Wildlife Insights

Jul 14, 2021, 12:34:10 PM7/14/21
to Wildlife Insights

The Wildlife Insights team has been working hard to build a tool that provides you with the power of artificial intelligence (AI) for species identifications, standardized data collection, secure cloud storage, and simple ways to share your data with your team and the public.

That’s why we’re excited to announce the public release of the Wildlife Insights platform! Here’s what you need to know:

Accounts to upload and manage camera trap data

Every week, we’ll approve accounts that will have full access to the system including:

  • AI trained to identify more than 700 species

  • Easy image uploads

  • Filters to focus your efforts

  • Bulk editing tools and shortcut keys

  • Roles offer flexibility to control how team members can access your project

  • Statistics updated on demand

  • Download your own data at any time

  • Privacy options including embargoes on data

  • Automated sensitive data protections

If you’d like to sign up for an account to manage data, please sign up at app.wildlifeinsights.org and submit an application for approval.

Accounts to download public data

If you want to download data from Wildlife Insights you can register an account on the platform. Any registered user can download public data.

Please read our Data Use and Citation guidelines if you plan to use public data for scientific analyses.

Our vision for the future

There’s a lot of exciting developments coming up to help you better manage and share data. In the near future you can expect to see improvements in the data processing workflow, a new analytics dashboard, and an offline desktop client. Visit our website to stay up to date with the latest from Wildlife Insights!