Custom Tags

Darcy Doran-Myers

Oct 21, 2021, 4:08:02 PM10/21/21
to Wildlife Insights
Hi all, I'd like to be able to sort photos by custom tags, e.g. hydrology (wet or dry); behavior (resting, foraging); and field of view measurements (inside/outside measured FOV). I don't expect these to be part of normal tag options for everyone so I would like to set my own custom tags.

It seems doable to include these custom tags in the "Remarks" section separated by semicolons, but there a couple problems with that: 1) taggers may misspell a tag. Seems like an autocomplete could help solve that problem. 2) I don't see how you can search/filter by Remarks online so that other taggers can check. Similarly, you can't filter by age, sex, markings, or animal ID either. These IDs need to be checked as well as species.

Has anyone found a better way to do this? Are these fixable problems in the near future?

Darcy

Wildlife Insights

Oct 26, 2021, 6:04:53 PM10/26/21
to Wildlife Insights

Hi Darcy,

We don’t have an option to set custom tags at the moment, but I’d encourage you to submit a feature request if this is something that would be helpful for your team! We’re exploring more advanced filters to help you sort by age, sex and other fields and hope to have updates on this early next year. Note that you should be able to filter by species ID currently by using the Species filter.

I’m curious if others in the group have used the “Remarks” field for custom tags? How has it been working for you?

Nicole
Wildlife Insights team

Tom Lee Jr.

Nov 8, 2021, 6:05:11 PM11/8/21
to Wildlife Insights
Hi Nicole,

I am having trouble uploading photos. I cannot get past the location.  I have tried to write TX_Grassland_Abilene_21. and it asks for location again. Can I call you to ask for help?

Sincerely,
Tom Lee

Wildlife Insights

Nov 8, 2021, 6:10:19 PM11/8/21
to Wildlife Insights
Hi Tom,

I'll follow up with you separately to figure out what may be going on.

Thanks,
Nicole
Wildlife Insights team