Accessing data

Fernando Nieto

Jan 31, 2023, 6:41:52 PM1/31/23
to Wildlife Insights
Hi
Awesome website and AI tool.
I have several questions all related to accessing my project data.
1. I can't access the Analyze tab within the Manage tab.
2. Is there a way to access all the photos in my project? The only place I can see them is when I use identify and it shows only photos that have been identified as something, I can't see blanks. How do I QC blanks?
3. When uploading I have to unclick the "don't upload duplicate files" since the filenames of my photos are the same. I can't find an easy way to tell when the photo was taken other than opening the photo and looking at the date and time stamp. Is there a way of creating subfolders with dates or should I create subprojects and each name to reflect a time period of photo shots?
4. When I click explore data I do not find my project SUNY Old Westbury Wildlife Monitoring.

I would love to give access to my students so that they can edit the AI IDs.
Thank you for your help
Fernando

Wildlife Insights

Jan 31, 2023, 8:24:04 PM1/31/23
to Wildlife Insights
Hi Fernando,

Happy to answer your questions!
  1. We're looking forward to releasing our new Analytics dashboard in the near future. Stay tuned here for an announcement. Until then, you won't be able to access this functionality.
  2. All of your photos are visible in your project, either in the Identify or Catalogued tab. You can use the Species filter or Status filter to search for all images tagged as blank.
  3. You can use subprojects to group deployments together, but not individual images. Currently to view the timestamp, you'll need to open the image to view the timestamp on the image, or view the Metadata tab where the date and time is recorded.
  4. The Explore isn't updated daily, but we'll look into when this was last updated.
Feel free to invite your students to sign up for an account and submit a request for account approval!

Cheers,
Nicole

Fernando Nieto

Jan 31, 2023, 9:24:54 PM1/31/23
to Wildlife Insights
Hi Nicole
Thank you for the prompt response and for clarifying my questions. Is there a way to delete all the pictures so that I can create subprojects to group deployments.
Thanks again
Regards,
Fernando

Fernando E. Nieto-Fernandez, PhD
Professor of Biology and STEP Program Director
SUNY Old Westbury
Partnership for Undergraduate Life Sciences Education (PULSE) Fellow
Metropolitan Association of College and University Biologists (MACUB), Vice-President
@STEPOldWestbury

Pronouns: he, him, his