Bulk editing IDs without losing details

Bethany Smith

Aug 4, 2022, 5:23:10 AM8/4/22
to Wildlife Insights
Hi,

I'm just wondering if there is a way to bulk edit IDs without losing the details such as the count and remarks? I can group them into bursts but it doesn't separate the IDs based on the number of individuals in each photo, only the species, so if I try to edit all of the images, say to add the same information into the 'Markings' area, it will change the count on all the images to whatever the count is on the first image. Right now I'm having to re-identify thousands of images, which isn't ideal. Am I missing a feature somewhere?

Thanks in advance!
Beth

Wildlife Insights

Aug 4, 2022, 2:41:18 PM8/4/22
to Wildlife Insights
Hi Beth,

Great question! When you group images into Bursts, you can edit the IDs for subsets of images within the Burst by selecting those images and then editing the ID.

For your case, the best way to add Markings or other details to the entire group and preserve the Count, would be to do so during the first round of reviews:
  1. Edit the ID to add details applicable to the whole group
  2. Select subsets and increase the count for that subset
Unfortunately, we don't have an option to bulk update only select fields after the ID has been saved.
I will note that it seems like there's a small bug in how the identifications are displayed. If you change the count for a subset of images in a Burst, that should show up on the right hand column as a separate ID card. The good news is that the information is saved correctly, but just not displaying correctly. I'll have our team look into this!

Nicole
Wildlife Insights team

Bethany Smith

Aug 5, 2022, 4:38:32 AM8/5/22
to Wildlife Insights
Hi Nicole,

Ah I think that small bug is why I'm finding it so difficult to go back through and edit as I'm having to individually look at each photo to check the count before selecting them as the same subset to bulk ID. I imagine once they're showing up separately on the right it'll be much easier and quicker, thank you!

Best wishes,
Beth

Wildlife Insights

Oct 13, 2022, 11:33:35 AM10/13/22
to Wildlife Insights
Hi Beth,

We've fixed this issue so you should be able bulk edit IDs in a Burst and each unique combination of Count, Markings, Sex, Age, etc. will appear in a separate ID card in the right hand panel.

Thanks so much for your patience as we fixed this!

Nicole