defining an event

Michael Schulte

May 12, 2022, 1:04:04 PM5/12/22
to Wildlife Insights
Hello everybody,

is it possilbe to define in Wildlife Insights a period of time as aevent? For example: all detections within a certain period of time (e.g. 5 minutes) will be considered as one event, so the resulting data table will not proivde a row for each picture, but for each event which can contain several pictures.

greetings

Michael

Wildlife Insights

Nov 16, 2022, 5:42:54 PM11/16/22
to Wildlife Insights
Hi Michael,

I'm so sorry I missed your post earlier! We do plan to release a feature where you can download data in independent events (1 minute, 2 minutes, 30 minutes or 60 minutes). This will be released with our analytics dashboard in 2023.

Thanks,
Nicole
Wildlife Insights team

Darcy Doran-Myers

Nov 17, 2022, 8:04:33 AM11/17/22
to Wildlife Insights
I second this request and I’m glad to hear it will be implemented soon!

I would add that it will be important for each species to have their own event, even when their time windows overlap. E.g., a cow and a cattle egret are catalogued in the same 2-minute window. If I set the independent event window to 2 minutes, I should get 1 cow event and 1 egret event.

I would also request that the summary dashboard allow for summaries of independent events rather than photos. I believe you are planning an analytics dashboard, so maybe that feature can be implemented there.

Thanks, looking forward to it!

Darcy

Darcy Doran-Myers
University of Alberta
Biological Sciences- Ecology

Michael Schulte

Nov 17, 2022, 12:55:50 PM11/17/22
to Wildlife Insights

Hi Nicole,

thanks, these are great news, I am very looking forward to that!

Greetings

Michael