cannot tag order Chiroptera despite its inclusion in taxonomy github list

Christina Aiello

Dec 10, 2021, 5:22:37 PM12/10/21
to Wildlife Insights
Hi,

I've just noticed an issue when I try and search and tag an animal as simply Chiroptera. I've tried to search numerous ways and Chiroptera (Order) never comes up as an option even though this tag seems to be included in the WI github taxonomy list. Is there some other search key I need to type to use this tag?

Many thanks,
Christina

Wildlife Insights

Dec 14, 2021, 5:41:51 PM12/14/21
to Wildlife Insights
Hi Christina,

Thanks for letting us know about this issue, we'll take a look into it and see what the root cause may be. I'll keep you posted!

Nicole

Wildlife Insights

Dec 22, 2021, 10:50:11 AM12/22/21
to Wildlife Insights
Hi Christina,

There was small issue with our taxonomy but you should now be able to find Chiroptera in the taxonomy list. Thanks so much for raising this issue with us!

Nicole

Christina Aiello

Dec 22, 2021, 12:24:34 PM12/22/21
to Wildlife Insights
Thanks for looking into this issue and fixing the problem!

Bethany Smith

Dec 23, 2021, 8:18:07 AM12/23/21
to Wildlife Insights
Hi there,

Sorry to be a pain but also having a similar issue in that I can't find 'Car' or 'Bicycle' to tag, and wondering if it's the same small issue? All of the other non-animal tags seem to be there.

Best wishes,
Beth

Wildlife Insights

Jan 3, 2022, 12:11:41 PM1/3/22
to Wildlife Insights
Hi Beth,

No worries at all, thanks for flagging this for us! Bicycle was recently updated to Human - Biker and Car was updated toVehicle.
I've edited our Taxonomy page with these changes to avoid confusion in the future.

Nicole
Wildlife Insights team

Bethany Smith

Jan 3, 2022, 12:13:11 PM1/3/22
to Wildlife Insights
Hi Nicole,

Thanks! That’s what I’ve been using so good to know that was the right decision.

Best wishes,
Beth