WI Data Model

Robert Lutolf

Jul 21, 2021, 3:15:13 PM7/21/21
to Wildlife Insights
We want to do some studies on our and initiative partner data.  The studies are different from the Wi Analyze functionality. The easiest way to do this would be if Wildlife Insights had read only access to the database. With the same restrictions as the user interface.  I can't find this functionality.
We are downloading data which appears to be extracts from database tables.
We could build a local data model by guessing at some of the parameters. It would be better if the data model was available to us.
Can we get a copy of the data model? Paper is OK but SQL would be better.

Am I missing something? is there some functionality to do online studies?
Do other users have local databases for studies? How have they solved this problem?
Bob

Wildlife Insights

Jul 21, 2021, 5:04:41 PM7/21/21
to Wildlife Insights
Hi Robert,

It would be great if you could provide more details on the types of studies you're interested in. I believe the downloads should provide all the information you need for more analyses.

Nicole
Wildlife Insights team

Robert Lutolf

Jul 23, 2021, 11:40:31 AM7/23/21
to Wildlife Insights
Nicole,
The downloads probably do contain the info needed - but  It would be easier if there was online access and no need to maintain a local database structure and to need to download and import. I may still submit as a new feature request.
Because I need to download the data - What is the database structure into which I can load the downloaded data? I can guess at some of it  from the downloaded data, but it would be far more efficient if you could provide the data model. e.g.  table, attribute and relationship definitions. A paper data model would be fine.. If it is somewhere on the site, my apologies, I can't find it.
Thanks,
Bob

Erik Samsoe

Aug 17, 2021, 10:12:09 AM8/17/21
to Wildlife Insights
I have been using BigQuery to work with the output from Wildlife Insights. It works great! Combining this with Data Studio for making simple dashboards to sort and filter has been a good initial workflow.