July 2022 New Feature Releases

Wildlife Insights

Jul 27, 2022, 4:05:27 PM7/27/22
to Wildlife Insights

Over the past 3 months, we've released new features to help you take advantage of the improved AI model and quickly review images. As always, we welcome your feedback via our feature request form or bug report form!

Here’s what’s new:

  • View and tag up to 1000 images per page. View up to 1000 images per page and use bulk actions to tag them all at once! By default, Wildlife Insights loads 100 images per page, but you can choose to view 200, 500 or 1000 images to speed up your review session.

  • Large image preview. We've added an option for you to view image thumbnails in a Large preview on the Identify and Catalogued pages. Now it's easier to quickly review images without missing an animal! These changes are coming soon for the Burst and Sequence views

  • Bounding boxes displayed in image thumbnails. If the AI model detects an object in the image, we show the bounding boxes on the single image preview. We've updated the interface so you'll also see the bounding box on the thumbnail image on the Identify and Catalogued pages. This change is coming soon for the Burst and Sequence views.

  • Entire image is shown in thumbnail view. The thumbnail view no longer distorts the image, even when the browser size is changed. Regardless of the image dimensions, the thumbnail view will now show the entire image.

  • Ctrl+F to apply the last saved ID. We've added a new shortcut key Ctrl+F (PC) or CMD+F (Mac) to apply the last saved ID to the current image. This action will copy over all identification fields (ID, count, sex, age, etc).

  • "Unknown" added to taxonomy list. By popular request! We've added a new tag "Unknown", which can be used to tag images where it's unclear if there's an object or animal in it.

  • Data downloads now an independent service. Data downloads were intermittently failing due to a high number of requests for large projects. We've moved the download service so that it runs independently from site traffic and is consistently delivered.

You can stay up to date with new releases on our Features page. Thanks for your support!