Recording periods with dead battery cameras

Robert Lutolf

Jun 8, 2022, 12:48:24 PM6/8/22
to Wildlife Insights
We have a team member that wants to store whether a time period with no pix was because the camera's batteries were dead versus there were no trigger events. How do we do this?
For dead batteries, do we end the camera deployment at the last pix date? There is no option in " Is your camera functioning or has it failed? *:" for "Dead Battery." And start a new deployment with the same location and camera when batteries are replaced? Or something else?

Bob

Roland Kays

Jun 9, 2022, 6:29:47 AM6/9/22
to Wildlife Insights
I think the only option is to end that deployment at the last known picture and then start a new deployment when you refreshed the batteries.

This same situation gets more complicated in when its something like deep snow coming and going and it would be nice to have some tool to more easily flag a few black-out dates within a longer deployment, but we don't have that now.
Roland