Photos being classified as duplicates and not uploading

Melissa Kay

Apr 5, 2024, 9:18:46 PMApr 5
to Wildlife Insights
I'm fairly new to WI, but have been chugging along! I'm currently running into a weird error. I'm trying to upload images from my latest pull and instead of uploading the photos, I'm getting the messages that these photos already exist in this deployment. That's not possible. I've checked the only other file I've uploaded (same camera, just 5 folders with 10k images each) to ensure there wasn't some error on my part, but the photos in the uploaded file and the one I am trying to upload are different. I've tried a couple times, thinking maybe I selected the wrong folder by accident, but sadly, no.

Any ideas as to why this may be happening?

Thanks!

Roland Kays

Apr 6, 2024, 2:17:40 PMApr 6
to Wildlife Insights
Check the file names, often when cameras generate new folders of images the use the same file names.  You can do a bulk-rename on your computer to give them unique names, or un-click the button to have WI not care about duplicate file names.
cheers
Roland

Melissa Kay

Apr 8, 2024, 6:22:17 PMApr 8
to Wildlife Insights
Thanks for the response, Roland!

You might be right. I have uploaded several files from the same camera/memory card/pull date previously and not had this issue. But it might be that maybe this particular camera doesn't create unique names when creating a new folder and I just haven't picked up on that. I'll try your tip and hopefully, that will help.

- Melissa