Burst mode groups pictures from different deployments

ysa...@g.clemson.edu

Nov 15, 2022, 11:15:20 AM11/15/22
to Wildlife Insights
Hi,

I reported this as a bug already but I am finding instances of the Burst mode grouping images from different deployments under the same burst.

In the screen shot below, you can clearly see that the top row and bottom row belong to different locations. The metadata confirms that they are indeed saved as different deployments (it is not that I wrongly uploaded images from two locations into the same deployment). The times are all within the same 60 sec (the duration of the bursts I chose).

Yvan

Burst bug_2.PNG

Wildlife Insights

Nov 16, 2022, 3:23:32 PM11/16/22
to Wildlife Insights
Hi Yvan,

If you haven't already, can you invite our account (suppor...@wildlifeinsights.org) to your project as an Editor so we can take a look at this issue?

Thanks,
Nicole

ysa...@g.clemson.edu

Nov 17, 2022, 7:42:08 AM11/17/22
to Wildlife Insights
Hi Nicole,

Thanks for looking into it. I just invited the support team.

Yvan

ysa...@g.clemson.edu

Mar 31, 2023, 3:27:00 PM3/31/23
to Wildlife Insights
Hi Nicole,

I just wanted to update you that the issue of bursts grouping images from different deployments was still occurring.

Yvan

Wildlife Insights

Apr 3, 2023, 12:27:47 PM4/3/23
to Wildlife Insights

Hi Yvan,

Thanks for following up. It seems that in the example you shared with us in the bug report, the Burst is grouping by time correctly but groups images from different deployments together if they’re taken within the same time frame.

We’ve added this to our bug backlog. For now, we suggest filtering by deployment before applying the burst setting.

Cheers,

Nicole

ysa...@g.clemson.edu

Nov 8, 2023, 2:30:51 PM11/8/23
to Wildlife Insights
Hello Nicole,

I just wanted to report that this issue was still occurring: Burst is grouping by time correctly but groups images from different deployments together if they’re taken within the same time frame.

Best,
Yvan