JBOSS migration | Domain architecture

sushma shetty

Jun 5, 2023, 3:55:45 PM6/5/23
to wil...@googlegroups.com
Hi Guys,
We have 2 virtual machines which are currently running on JBOSS 7.2.0 GPA version. VM1 has a master and slave, VM2 has a slave.
All the integrations are configured in domain.xml of the master server.

The JAVA applications deployed on JBOSS has MessageDrivenBeans and pulls messages from a queue for processing and responds back.

We want to migrate the JBOSS version from 7.2.0 to 7.4.0 and then apply a patch of 7.4.10. The whole activity might take approx 15 minutes.

My question is when I stop all the JBOSS processes in VM1 (which comprises master and slave or basically the domain.ml), will it cause downtime in application ?

We don't have the multiple VM in lower environments, hence unable to test this ourselves right now.

Thanks in Advance,
Sushma

Bartosz Baranowski

Jun 6, 2023, 1:19:32 AM6/6/23