Still cannot deploy Jenkins on WildFly 27

jorge hernandez

Nov 10, 2022, 9:28:49 AM11/10/22
to WildFly
This is what I'm getting:

Dispatcher error: {"WFLYCTL0080: Failed services" => {"jboss.deployment.unit.\"jenkins.war\".undertow-deployment.UndertowDeploymentInfoService" => "Failed to start service Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Failed to link org/kohsuke/stapler/Stapler (Module \"deployment.jenkins.war\" from Service Module Loader): javax/servlet/http/HttpServlet"}}

I have JDK 17 and Maven 3.8.6

Any ideas what can be happening here?

jorge hernandez

Nov 10, 2022, 9:52:28 AM11/10/22
to WildFly
Adding Tomcat 10.1 to the list where it cannot be deployed.

Scott Marlow

Nov 10, 2022, 10:00:40 AM11/10/22
to jorge hernandez, WildFly

https://github.com/jenkinsci/stapler/blob/master/core/src/main/java/org/kohsuke/stapler/Stapler.java is referencing javax.servlet.  Try creating an issue to update Stapler project to Jakarta EE 10 and consider creating a pull request for https://github.com/jenkinsci/stapler to replace the javax.servlet references with jakarta.servlet.

Scott

bvsbabu

Dec 14, 2022, 12:26:37 PM12/14/22
to WildFly
I would like to add my question here, since the previous post I started on the same topic is not showing up.
I started new wildfly 27.0.0-Final version and try to deploy a servlet and I keep getting WFLYCTL0013: UndertowDeploymentInfo'Service --> Failed to start service.
I compiled the code using maven with jdk11 and javax.servlet.

The same war file works fine when I deploy to Wildfly-26.X.X-Final.

Wolfgang

Dec 14, 2022, 4:30:14 PM12/14/22
to WildFly
Hi,

similar reply here ;-): you have to switch to JakartaEE10 and use "jakarta.servlet" instead of "javax.servlet". WildFly 27 did the big step from the "javax" packages to "jakarta" packages. Also, if your app contains additional jar files, you have to check them all whether they are JakartaEE10 compatible.

Best regards

Wolfgang

Brian Stansberry

Jan 17, 2023, 5:48:16 PM1/17/23