Embedded Infinispan not starting If I have two jars of Jcache

Harshit Bhuva

Jun 16, 2022, 11:37:38 AM6/16/22
to WildFly
Hi Team,

Below are our requirements.
We have SAAS production setup and few on-Prem wildfly setup.
We want to give Remote Infinispan server to SAAS production where our wildlfy is in cluster mode.
Also we want to start you application server with embedded infinispan for our on-prem customers.
Now for remote Infinispan server I need to include infinispan-jcache-remote-10.1.8.Final.jar  in my application classpath and for embedded infinispan-jcache-10.1.8.Final.jar I need to add.
Now problem is when I start my Application with Remote Infinispan if both above jars are present then also my application is getting started.

If I start my stanalone wildlfy application with embedded server and if above both jars are present in classpath then it throw errors saying "mutiple cacheproviders are present".

While loading embedded infinispan I provide jcache Provider as below
Caching.getCachingProvider("org.infinispan.jcache.embedded.JCachingProvider").

So how should I tackle this, otherwise I have to prepare two different war files for both the customers(SAAS and On-prem).

Regards
Harshit

Paul Ferraro

Jun 16, 2022, 4:10:56 PM6/16/22
to WildFly
This is a question for the Infinispan team.  WildFly does not distribute jcache (namely, because it is not compatible with Jakarta EE 9+).