Is Wildfly 14.0.1 obsolete?

Caíque Ferreira

Jun 9, 2022, 10:14:49 AM6/9/22
to WildFly

Hi all,

I'm a project manager and the team of one of the projects that I have is using the Wildfly 14.0.1 in the development
My concern with this version is about the security path, this version still having security updates or is obsolete?

Thank you!

Caíque Ferreira

Jun 9, 2022, 10:14:50 AM6/9/22
to WildFly

Paul Ferraro

Jun 9, 2022, 11:53:37 AM6/9/22
to WildFly
WildFly 14.0.1 has been obsolete since 15.0.0.Final was release.
In general, you should always use the latest release - otherwise, consider using EAP for long term support and security updates.

Jignesh Patel

Jun 9, 2022, 12:25:07 PM6/9/22
to Paul Ferraro, WildFly
I have a different opinion here. If your team is using customized wildfly and can support it, it is not obsolete. Yes there is no community support, but it is always not feasible to continuously keep updating products for each possible version. Rather re-architect and start moving to quarkus.

Jignesh Patel

iCare.com LLC

Las Olas City Centre, Suite 1400
401 East Las Olas Boulevard
Fort Lauderdale, Florida  33301

Office: 800-784-8045
jig...@icare.com

Paul Ferraro

Jun 9, 2022, 6:58:51 PM6/9/22
to WildFly
Obviously, nothing is obsolete so long as you are willing to patch it yourself. :)
But generally, we only maintain a given release, i.e. providing micro fixes, until the next major/minor final release.