Connection broken error during batchservice run in Wildfly

Malar Mannan

Jan 19, 2023, 5:26:06 AM1/19/23
to WildFly
Hello All,

We are experiencing the below connection broken error from Wildfly when running batch service. Wildfly is running in Kubernetes Aks cluster in Linux host and please help to eradicate the error. Due to this error we see the connections are not established and service fail in Prod systems.

Wildfly version : Wildfly (26.1.0.Final)

Error :
"The connection is broken and recovery is not possible. The connection is marked by the client driver as unrecoverable. No attempt was made to restore the connection".

Note : Kindly note we experienced the same in Jboss EAP 7.1 as well which runs in Azure cluster with below Connection reset error and services fails. As part of fix we tried adding Validation checker and background validation as "true" but still issue unresolved.

Exception:

"com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: Connection reset by peer: socket write error".

Please help in fixing the above as its a burning issue currently. Thanks once again.

Regards,
Malarmannan J

Malar Mannan

Jan 22, 2023, 11:36:07 PM1/22/23
to WildFly
Hello Team,

Please assist us on the below error which would help us to take it forward.

Regards,
Malarmannan J

Malar Mannan

Feb 2, 2023, 6:03:04 PM2/2/23
to WildFly
Hi Team,

Kindly help on the below issue.Thanks.

Regards,
Malarmannan J

Cheng Fang

Feb 3, 2023, 10:01:47 AM2/3/23
to WildFly
Not sure I understand your issue. When you say batch service, do you mean running jdbc batch statements with configured datasource, or running batch jobs in a batch application? In either case, more details how to reproduce it will be helpful.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "WildFly" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/wildfly/CAJrCjxrNQjWzo3Fkqh-UP6V1RbBqBqsNFV47dZnuMF9nLf6ELQ%40mail.gmail.com.

Malar Mannan

Apr 10, 2023, 1:17:30 AM4/10/23
to Cheng Fang, WildFly
Hi Cheng,

Greetings!!

For the query asked for, yes the issue occurs while running jdbc batch
statements with configured datasource for our applications. We are
running the applications in Jboss Kubernetes PODs. While accessing the
application, connection requests get broken and accumulate resulting
in JVM hung.

To resolve this issue, temporarily we need to delete the PODs and
again relaunch the application in a new POD. Below are the errors at
the time of the PRODUCTION issue and kindly help in resolving the
below mentioned JVM hung issue.

ERROR 1:

[ERROR] 2023-04-02 10:52:49,210 [tSA_83787004] DATABASE {command=tSA,
hostname=yyyy-transactbatchservice-xxx, sessionId=345325t} - Failed in
DataAccessExecutor::doConnection, throwing DatabaseRuntimeException
TAFJERR-1030: Error Lock Manager Server connection Details :
TAFJERR-1030: Error Lock Manager Server connection Details : The
connection is broken and recovery is not possible. The connection is
marked by the client driver as unrecoverable. No attempt was made to
restore the connection.
com.temenos.tafj.common.exception.DatabaseRuntimeException:
TAFJERR-1030: Error Lock Manager Server connection Details :
TAFJERR-1030: Error Lock Manager Server connection Details : The
connection is broken and recovery is not possible. The connection is
marked by the client driver as unrecoverable. No attempt was made to
restore the connection.
at com.temenos.tafj.dataaccess.locking.AbstractLockManager.getConnection(AbstractLockManager.java:111)
~

ERROR 2:

[ERROR] 2023-04-02 04:26:36,620 [tSA_123456] RUNTIME
{COMO-NAME=tSA_xxxx-yyyyy-xxxx, command=tSA, dbSID=3582,
hostname=yyyyyy-transactbatchservice-yyyyyyy, sessionId=82803452} -
DatabaseRuntimeException
com.temenos.tafj.common.exception.DatabaseRuntimeException:
TAFJERR-1020: Error database connection Details : Network error during
internal select

Regards,
Malar J