Alternatives to Elytron deprecated classes

Mansour Al Akeel

Jun 12, 2024, 3:43:12 PMJun 12
to WildFly
In the javadoc for CallbackHandlerCredentialSource, there is a deprecation note recommending to use the same class:

===============
@Deprecated public final class CallbackHandlerCredentialSource extends Object implements CredentialSource
Deprecated.
Use CallbackHandlerCredentialSource instead
================

The same thing applies to CredentialStoreCredentialSource.

In OAuth2CredentialSource in the same package, there's another deprecation tag without recommendation for alternative.

Is there a way for me to tell if I should treat this deprecation warning seriously?
And if so, then what alternatives to use ?

Thank you

Bartosz Baranowski

Jun 17, 2024, 3:33:36 AMJun 17
to WildFly
I filled: https://issues.redhat.com/browse/ELY-2770
Though, given other deprecations, Id check if there is class with the same name but in different package?

Mansour Al Akeel

Jun 20, 2024, 1:53:11 PMJun 20
to WildFly
Thank you Bartosz,
I have checked and couldn't find a similar class name.
That being said, a solution can be:
* are those deprecation annotations used seriously.
If yes, then one of the following could help in the docs:
* What alternative we can use ?
OR
* Reason for the deprecation, which leaves it up to the developer to decide if it affects the use case in hand.

Thank you a lot for taking the time to reply.