feature pack property replacement

Mike Douglass

Jan 9, 2022, 4:52:48 PMJan 9
to WildFly
I've not had much success getting property replacement to work:

I have this task:

<tasks xmlns="urn:wildfly:wildfly-feature-pack-tasks:3.0">
   <copy-path src="resources/"
             relative-to="resources"
             target="bedework-content/"
             replace-props="true" />
</tasks>

This appears in the files:
...Quickstart ${bedework.version}...

and in the zipped feature pack wildfly-tasks.properties has
bedework.version=4.0.0-SNAPSHOT

I get this error:
 * Failed to copy /packages/deploy.qs-bedework/pm/wildfly/resources to /Users/mike/bedework/quickstart-dev/test-install/wildfly/bedework-content
  * Input length = 1

setting replace-props to false works - without the property replacement of course.
I tried figuring out where the message came from with no luck. What have I done wrong here?

Jean Francois Denise

Jan 10, 2022, 5:42:22 AMJan 10
to wil...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I would need to look at the layout of the package.
The relative-to="resources" means relatives to the directory: pm/wildfly.
So the directory you want to copy to bedework-content should be located in pm/wildfly/resources
The value of the src directory shouldn't end with an "/", should be src="resources". The logic to relativize file inside the src directory requires it.
JF