Migrating from WildFly 18.0.1 to 26.1.2

Neo Gallaza

Sep 14, 2022, 10:12:30 PMSep 14
to WildFly
Hi, I am migrating wildfly from 18 to 26.

Do you have any idea which migration toolkit should I use? I saw this  JBoss Server Migration Tool 1.11.0.Final  https://github.com/wildfly/wildfly-server-migration/releases however it only supports until WildFly 24.0. Thanks for your help in advance.

Neo

serg.k...@gmail.com

Sep 16, 2022, 4:27:31 AMSep 16
to WildFly
Unfortunately,  Migration Tool does not support migration since Eletron subsystem was introduced.
So, to do migration you need to have cli-scripts to setup your configuration from scratch. In case you haven't CLI scrips yet (for example used UI for the configuration) -  profilecloner  can be helpful to do export current configuration : https://github.com/tfonteyn/profilecloner

Btw, you still need to do some manual work to migrate Legacy Security to Elytron Security: https://docs.wildfly.org/26.1/WildFly_Elytron_Security.html#Migrate_Legacy_Security_to_Elytron_Security
Hope it will help :)

Thanks.
BR, Sergii Kostenko