Galleon feature packs and domain

Mike Douglass

Sep 13, 2022, 10:08:08 PMSep 13
to WildFly
I've built a bunch of feature packs to install various parts of bedework and that works fine for standalone configs.(https://github.com/Bedework/bw-wildfly-galleon-feature-packs)

I want to be able to build an HA service and assume a first step is to build with a domain config.

Doing something like this:
galleon.sh install wildfly:current --dir=my-wildfly-server --default-configs=domain/domain.xml

as in the docs works fine.

If I try that with my own feature packs as in:

galleon.sh install org.bedework.deploy:bw-wf-feature-pack:4.0.4-SNAPSHOT --dir=wildfly --default-configs=domain/domain.xml --verbose --layers=bw-qs-bedework,web-console

I just get a standalone version. If I try adding " --config=domain/domain.xml"
I get the error

 * No layers for model domain

Looking round the source for wildfly as far as I can tell no layers are defined for domain or host - they are all under standalone.

Any clues as to what I need to do to my feature packs to be able to build a domain model?

Jean Francois Denise

Sep 15, 2022, 10:34:16 AMSep 15
to wil...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mike,
layers have been designed to only work for standalone kind of configuration. There is no ability to install layers inside a domain configuration.
JF

Mike Douglass

Sep 15, 2022, 11:20:00 AMSep 15
to WildFly
I take it that's just the way that wildfly is packaged? Galleon itself seems to support the use of layers for all models.

So our only choice is to build a full system for HA? Or am I looking at this th ewrong way.

I'd assumed I could extend the wildfly domain model the same as for standalone.