[announce] Switching Docker images to UBI9 for WildFly 33

jme...@redhat.com

Jun 27, 2024, 6:35:08 AM (10 days ago) Jun 27
to WildFly
Hi,

The Docker images for WildFly[1] is using Eclipse Temurin to provide the JDK.

We are using CentOS 7 variants for JDK 11 & 17.
Starting with JDK 21, we switched to the UBI 9 minimal variant of Eclipse Temurin.

As CentOS 7 is end-of-lifed next June, I would like to switch the JDK 11 & 17 images to their UBI 9 Minimal variants.
This would also be the opportunity to add long-requested support for PowerPC and s390x architectures.

As the switch might be disruptive if you were using the images relying on CentOS specific features, I’d like to make this change for our upcoming WildFly 33 release planned for next July.

Best regards,
Jeff