wildfly and project loom

Guy Katz

Sep 29, 2022, 6:23:03 AMSep 29
to WildFly
Hi
for wildfly, being a jakarta EE impl. what is the path to move to project loom virtual threads (if at all). is this already placed on the roadmap?
any comments will be great
thanks

Scott Marlow

Sep 29, 2022, 9:47:11 AMSep 29
to Guy Katz, WildFly

Hi Guy,

At the Jakarta EE Spec API level, https://docs.google.com/document/d/1m-dkvbL0iFFzitO4vt1SVq6GGSJyFdCDM2NU_FzGS10/edit?pli=1#heading=h.owyf3al7fok5 (Jakarta EE Next Discussion) mentions the idea of a future Concurrency SPEC embracing loom virtual threads.  I'll defer to others to talk about WildFly specifically using virtual threads.

Scott

thanks --
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "WildFly" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/wildfly/b4a1335b-fd43-4bcc-b6c6-cd9824dcbfb7n%40googlegroups.com.

Brian Stansberry

Sep 29, 2022, 3:22:06 PMSep 29
to WildFly
I think it will be a while before virtual threads appear in WildFly in a major way. This is primarily because we'll need to maintain support for at least SE 17 for some time. Adjusting threading behavior based on the underlying SE is possible, but will take time.