wf26 startup WARN - WFLYTX0013

George Callhoun

May 20, 2024, 2:34:48 PMMay 20
to WildFly
Any idea where this "attribute value" lives?  I have a single server setup and use standalone.xml and I cant' find it there.

12:00:13,227 WARN  [org.jboss.as.txn] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 74) WFLYTX0013: The node-identifier attribute on the /subsystem=transactions is set to the default value. This is a danger for environments running multiple servers. Please make sure the attribute value is unique.

John Saccoccio

May 21, 2024, 11:31:38 AMMay 21
to WildFly
Just a warning, irrelevant if multiple nodes not in use.  But:
        <subsystem xmlns="urn:jboss:domain:transactions:5.0">
            <core-environment node-identifier="${jboss.tx.node.id:1}">
                <process-id>
        </subsystem>

Michael Musgrove

Jun 24, 2024, 5:06:44 AM (13 days ago) Jun 24
to WildFly
It's still best to set it to something unique if the same resource is used by different nodes over the resources lifetime, which is the standard use case. The resources view of a transaction is mediated by an Xid (aka branch, see the XA spec) and a transaction recovery manager needs to know whether or not those Xid's should be managed and it makes that determination based on the node identifier embedded in the Xid; if the branch and the recovery manager have the same id and if the branch becomes "orphaned" then it will attempt to finish it. But if multiple recovery managers are all trying to finish the same branch then there is potential for something to go awry.