How to create an unmanaged deployment without deploy command

Haitham Alkhatib

Jul 6, 2024, 8:41:25 PM (13 hours ago) Jul 6
to WildFly
Hi,

I am using an exploded war and trying to solve an issue caused by using clazz.getProtectionDomain().getCodeSource().getLocation() in a third party jar. where the result will be using vfs and retuns /content/SomeWar.war/WEB-INF/lib/thirdpaty.jar. instead I need the result to be in the form of
file:/Users/myuser/dev//server/modules/com/SomeWar.war/domainx/main/thirdpaty.jar!/.

the solution I thought of is make an unmanaged deployment but we don't use the deploy command during the installation and setup. we just create wildfly server with the war files in the standalone/deployment folder.

is there a way to pass some configuration file to our deployment so the scanner would consider it an unmanaged deployment ?

Appreciate the help,
Tim