Elytron custom-realm-mapper always gives null Evidence

Davy Koravand

Feb 18, 2021, 11:26:56 AM2/18/21
to WildFly
Hi all,

We moved over to Elytron and tried to implement a custom-realm-mapper which provides a Principal and Evidence to pass authentication requests to our custom SecurityRealms depending on the principal AND the evidence. However, the Evidence is always null in the realm mapper but is available in the security realm itself. What could cause this?

To give a quick overview:

Realm Mapper -> Security Realm
Realm Mapper: Principal = 'username', Evidence = null
Security Realm: Principal = 'username', Evidence = <Some Evidence>

Is there something I may be missing here in the configuration? This is what our structure looks like:

SecurityDomain (default realm mapper = SomeRealmMapper)
SecurityRealmA
SecurityRealmB

I couldn't find any blog posts or examples of a custom realm mapper which actually uses the evidence, so I was wondering if it could be a bug that it's always null for us?

Farah Juma

Feb 19, 2021, 11:41:45 AM2/19/21
to WildFly
This is a bug. I've created https://issues.redhat.com/browse/ELY-2090 to track this. Thanks!