WildFly Release Plans for 2022

Brian Stansberry

Jan 21, 2022, 12:20:57 PM1/21/22
to WildFly
Following today's release of WildFly 26.0.1, I wanted to update the WildFly community on our plans for how we'll be doing releases over the course of 2022. I encourage you to have a look at my post on wildfly.org and to give us your feedback here:

The tl;dr; of this is WildFly will be moving away from time-boxed major feature releases for 2022, and will instead produce feature-boxed majors when key feature sets like EE 10 are ready. We do, however, want to produce updates for our community, so in the March timeframe we’ll be doing a (smaller) WildFly 26.1 release.

WildFly 26.1 release will be the last standard WildFly release that supports Jakarta EE 8, Java SE 8 and MicroProfile 4.1. When WildFly 27 is ready, it will support EE 10 and MicroProfile 5, and our minimum SE version will be SE 11.

I'm happy to answer questions you may have about these plans, either here or in the #wildfly-user stream on https://wildfly.zulipchat.com/.

Best regards,
Brian Stansberry
WildFly Project Lead