ActiveMQ behavior with standalone-full-ha config

Anders Hammar

Aug 31, 2021, 2:19:23 PM8/31/21
to wil...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm looking into migrating to a clustered setup for an application that uses JMS queues and MDBs.

What jms behavior do I get with the default standalone-full-ha.xml configuration? There seems to be no ha-policy configuration, so what's then used by default? What we're thinking is that we'd like to start by having the JMS queues "local" on each node (no ha then). Is that the default behavior or do I need to change something?

/Anders

Emmanuel Hugonnet

Sep 2, 2021, 9:19:11 AM9/2/21
to wil...@googlegroups.com
Hello

standalone-full-ha.xml set up an Artemis cluster but does not provide Artemis HA. It will provide also a WildFly cluster using infinispan to
replicate the HTTP Session.

Emmanuel
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/wildfly/CAKDUN1vt3SGKS-5n1nXyA4rAi1JP2QvP62zbKkRQS4ecsa59WQ%40mail.gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/wildfly/CAKDUN1vt3SGKS-5n1nXyA4rAi1JP2QvP62zbKkRQS4ecsa59WQ%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Anders Hammar

Sep 3, 2021, 5:38:16 AM9/3/21
to WildFly
Hi,

Thanks for responding. I'm not sure I understand the difference between cluster and HA in this case. Also, after reading about Artemis Cluster I take it that messages could/will flow beteend the nodes. Right? Any pointer to doc about cluster vs ha would be great!

So not like our idea of having the messages "local" on each node/server. Should we then change the ActiveMQ/Artemis config like the one in standalone-full.xml so that it will not form a cluster?

/Anders